hdorre Posted October 28, 2014 Author Report Posted October 28, 2014 Well shit I've been so busy, just now saw what you're getting into. Have mercy on that poor 3000 haha thanks Grant. By the way, congrats on that top ten shit FTFY Thanks appreciate it man! that whole thing turned into a joke. Was cool at first, then the owner made a fool of himself. No need to get off topic though, bring on the updates!! Thats too bad. It seemed like it had a LOT of potential. Putting in work, even though the inside won't be seen and fiberglass helps a lot but it seems like your rushing. Hope it holds up better than it looks. Structurally, I have no concerns. All I really NEED the glass to do is seal gaps. The strength is just an added benefit. Like.. Yesterday, I put my hand on the top of the box (which i assume would be the weakest (farthest from the base).. and hit the top with a hammer on the inside towards the center with a fair amount of force. I BARELY felt the impact. Keep in mind, that thats with really no bracing. But yea.. that middle piece is a straight up eyesore. Im not done with that part yet. It'll come together. I foresee a lot of work on the inside of that thing hunter. Oh, there will be work no doubt. Ill be inside the shell for days, on days. However, it'll be manageable and I'm not concerned at all. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
IH8PunkRok Posted October 28, 2014 Report Posted October 28, 2014 Foundations are the most important thing to consider when talking structure. Your foundation is segmented, broken, and relying solely on your eventual glassing. I implore you to redo the shell. Imagine if your car hood was made of two scrap pieces of metal that don't join and Mitsubishi just layered bondo between the two pieces of metal. Would that be acceptable to you? You can convince yourself for days, weeks, or months about how it will be fine our how "strong" it may be but after it fails or you become tired of it you will look back and be so disappointed in the work you put forth. Trust me. Fix it before you regret it -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
n8ball2013 Posted October 28, 2014 Report Posted October 28, 2014 I agree. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Kyblack76 Posted October 28, 2014 Report Posted October 28, 2014 hmmmmmmmm..... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
thefourth Posted October 28, 2014 Report Posted October 28, 2014 Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
hdorre Posted October 28, 2014 Author Report Posted October 28, 2014 I thank you for posting that.. But before I start rambling.. Do you mean redo the 2x4 shell or MDF part. If you mean the 2x4s, then I really dont know what you mean. Now.. Heres what i HOPE you're talking about.. truly.. The 3/4" MDF part. Im looking back.. and Im thinking to myself "How the fuck did I let this slide?!" The middle section with the center and right bracket.. Thats coming out. Part of the 2 side pieces will be removed too, and will be replaced with a SOLID piece.. outlined in the following pic.. which will be attached perfectly to the front section I would make each complete side a solid piece of wood, but theres an angle. I built the shell around the car, so its not straight back. This gives you a rough idea of what I'm dealing with. Even with the trim removed, the basic layout is the same What else.. Ohh, the back area that was going to be glassed. Ill TRY and see what I can do with wood, but each side/hump is a strange shape. Maybe Ill just build over it now? Idk.. But you have me thinking. Once again.. Thanks for that post. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
IH8PunkRok Posted October 28, 2014 Report Posted October 28, 2014 Honestly both. None of the 2x4s have angle cuts for close fit. Rigidity is the name of the game and to get that things need to be tight -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
hdorre Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 Honestly both. None of the 2x4s have angle cuts for close fit. Rigidity is the name of the game and to get that things need to be tight For half of the side pieces (back halves) and top pieces.. I literally had to hammer them into place. Like, no joke. You're making me think.. You have a PM coming. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
n8ball2013 Posted October 29, 2014 Report Posted October 29, 2014 Hunter lets just say I would have done this way different THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
hdorre Posted October 29, 2014 Author Report Posted October 29, 2014 Hunter lets just say I would have done this way different Im guessing without 2x4s on the sides and top On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.