Why use 1/0 to 1/0 AMp Inputs?

It never fails, there are always people who just love to argue even when facts are shoved in their faces. The product works as advertised and provides a cleaner install with the added ease of being able to remove the input from the amp without dealing with strayed wires. He has shown there is no loss in power or voltage by using these adapters. End of story.

I am most definitely on board with the other guys though on the topic of having a notch on it so it doesn't come loose. It would definitely help avoid a potential disaster.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

so lets simplify this a little... take out the amp, wire, batteries, ect... put a probe on each side of the 1/0 input....

if it reads negative ohm load.................. hehehehehhehhheehh

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111125558/3203408-4738225055-draft.jpg

I like your train of though. Pictures uploading now.

It never fails, there are always people who just love to argue even when facts are shoved in their faces. The product works as advertised and provides a cleaner install with the added ease of being able to remove the input from the amp without dealing with strayed wires. He has shown there is no loss in power or voltage by using these adapters. End of story.

I am most definitely on board with the other guys though on the topic of having a notch on it so it doesn't come loose. It would definitely help avoid a potential disaster.

While I do agree that a slot would help, I have never had one come loose in 5 years of using different ones.

Does everything right.. Still gets arguments.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

While I do agree that a slot would help, I have never had one come loose in 5 years of using different ones.

I never had one fail either as i take added precautions, but the probability is there.

All it takes is 1 person who doesn't mount their amps, and the amp slides. Instant issue.

And me being an installer, cant send a guy on his way with a possibility for his power wires to short out and cause a fire ( and lets face it, this happens a lot)!

Sure it maybe from no fusing, or running 450 amp fuses on 1/0 wire which is ridiculous, it maybe from amp or battery terminals letting go.

Bottom line: All are user error, and all these are preventible, just because it has not happened to you, doesn't mean it happened to someone else.

My point wasn't to bash, just serious insight on an issue I see with the product, and seems several others see it the same way.

I never had one fail either as i take added precautions, but the probability is there.

All it takes is 1 person who doesn't mount their amps, and the amp slides. Instant issue.

And me being an installer, cant send a guy on his way with a possibility for his power wires to short out and cause a fire ( and lets face it, this happens a lot)!

Sure it maybe from no fusing, or running 450 amp fuses on 1/0 wire which is ridiculous, it maybe from amp or battery terminals letting go.

Bottom line: All are user error, and all these are preventible, just because it has not happened to you, doesn't mean it happened to someone else.

My point wasn't to bash, just serious insight on an issue I see with the product, and seems several others see it the same way.

True, but if the set screw can come loose and let the input come out of the amp, the same thing could happen with wire as well.

All connections should be checked for tightness periodically no matter what. A nut on the power wire on your alt could come loose while you are driving down the road and arc all over the engine for that matter. Using that as an argument just for these inputs is too broad, because it applies over every single power/ground connection in your vehicle.

No, not as much, because the wire is being compressed, which is holding a lot of resistance on the screw itself as it is digging into the keeping it in.

You can not tighten the screw down on the blocks with as much friction as the wire.

put a piece of wire in the amp, and start tugging on it to rip it out, then do the same with the blocks see which comes out easier with more force

might want to use a blown amp for this test ;)

Archived