Second Skin Audio

Ok, so after comparing every pic I could find of the zv3 and the NS, I have figured this sub is completely stock. I think I would like to recone with the NS soft parts. Would I order those from Sundown? If I did recone would the recommended specs for the box change?

I'm no help to your question, but wanted to scribe to see this build. Can't wait to hear your opinion of the zv3.

Ill be building the box this coming weekend, possibly sooner.

Ok, so after comparing every pic I could find of the zv3 and the NS, I have figured this sub is completely stock. I think I would like to recone with the NS soft parts. Would I order those from Sundown? If I did recone would the recommended specs for the box change?

After the recone you would need to measure T/S parameters for the custom sub. I would also ask Sundown if they have any objections to such mod.

that sub will eat that power up if you aren't an idiot :shrug: Id personally build a box for the sub too

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

why not get a drop in from David? PSI should provide a beast recone for that motor.. 3 medium spiders will let it play low

After the recone you would need to measure T/S parameters for the custom sub. I would also ask Sundown if they have any objections to such mod.

I would definitely check with Sundown first. I am going to run it as is for now. Im thinking ill use this box. Does it look good as far as port area goes?

ZV312_zpsaa50d22e.jpg

why not get a drop in from David? PSI should provide a beast recone for that motor.. 3 medium spiders will let it play low

I hadnt thought of that. I could actually send it to them for the recone when I decide to do it and have them run the t/s parameters.

I have ran a 15zv3 w/nsv2 spider pack on 2k clamped daily with NO issues. Not to mention,it was the loudest 1.5kw sub i have ever owned. The bass quality aint to bad either,drum kicks sound real nice with zv3 cones =). However, around 3k it gets smelly after a while.

I have ran a 15zv3 w/nsv2 spider pack on 2k clamped daily with NO issues. Not to mention,it was the loudest 1.5kw sub i have ever owned. The bass quality aint to bad either,drum kicks sound real nice with zv3 cones =). However, around 3k it gets smelly after a while.

That's good to know! Thanks for the input. I don't think I will be approaching 3k any time soon...lol

Archived