Sundown Audio

Ever wire a 1 ohm stable amp to 0.5 ohm?

JEFFYBOI

But would'nt box rise- rise the load to like 0.8 or so when wired down to 0.5? Usually equaling the 1 ohm rated power? So wiring down to 0.5 will give you 1? Or am I way off?

I'm not sure what a "box" rise is, but what nobody has mentioned here yet is impedance curve.

I'm willing to bet that most of the people who "run half ohm err day" have never seen an impedance graph for their speakers installed and would be surprised to see what impedance their amp was actually seeing at any given frequency.

Mind blown, elaborate?

THIS MAN KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!

This is what he is referring to, from Wick's build log on here.

665-sealedquarterohmplot_zpsa8aa24e3.jpg

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-xl12-on-a-wall-socket-0-0/page-57#entry2757459

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

That's soo badass, I didn't know impedence follows your frequency curves at all! HAHA!!!

On another note, how would one measure this at all?

http://sound.westhost.com/tsp.htm

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Here's one for ya...

I picked up a IA sub and MB Quartz 1500.1 at a garage sale, the owner went to jail and his mom was selling it.

I had just moved, and only had my cheapie dmm. Coils read 2ohm... Dual 2's, right?

Well, paralleled the coils to the amp. This was on stock electrical. The amp never got hot.

Finally, I got some new 9512's, dual 2's. They read 3.9ohm, wtf? I never measured the resistance of the leads, which was 1.8-1.9ohm.

The IA sub was a dual .35, wired to .175 on that pos MB Quartz, stock electrical. It never even got hot, lol.

I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS.

LMAO, like the dude in my subforum, blew his kx1200.1 or whatever (some kicker that's only 2-ohm stable).

It was installed by a shop, tuned with a aerometer.

How the hell do you tune an amp with one of these.......

aerometer.jpg

yea science

But would'nt box rise- rise the load to like 0.8 or so when wired down to 0.5? Usually equaling the 1 ohm rated power? So wiring down to 0.5 will give you 1? Or am I way off?

I'm not sure what a "box" rise is, but what nobody has mentioned here yet is impedance curve.

I'm willing to bet that most of the people who "run half ohm err day" have never seen an impedance graph for their speakers installed and would be surprised to see what impedance their amp was actually seeing at any given frequency.

Not all here are ignorant. Trust me........

Archived