I will be purchasing my first gun here in a few weeks. Since I am under 21, I will be getting in some shape or form a used 12 gauge shotgun for shooting clays. i ran across a mint (used) Winchester model 12 for $289. If its still for sale in a couple weeks I will be buying it.

Anybody have any personal experiences with this model? dislikes? problems? I am all ears, I am looking for a reliable pump action.

Your advice is appreciated.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

New or used?

If reliable pump action is your target, the first two things that come to mind are Remington 870 and Mossberg 500. Both are excellent bang for your buck (no pun). No experience personally, with the gun you mentioned, so I can't compare. I prefer the 870 from a looks point of view but both the 870 and 500 perform excellent. You can usually pick either up easily under 400. Locally I can snatch them for 275 to 325 all day. You might be able to as well.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

Id stay away from newer 870s. Older ones are good. But anything from when cerberus bought them and any of the freedom group companies. I always heard bad things. Really bad quality control and what not.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

The 887 by remington and the 1100's are nice as well

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

If you're wanting a shotgun, hard to beat an old side by side for reliability. Other than that, older used Remington 870 are like the 1911 of the shotgun world. They work, they're simple, they're reliable.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Shotgun mossberg 500

rifle ruger 10/22

pistol cant so.....

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm just gonna throw this out there and hope I don't get bashed on too hard.

I bought a Stevens 12ga from big 5 sporting goods for 200 brand new. It's cheap, price wise and the materials. I've put over 1000 rounds through that thing and have had 0 problem. Cleaned it twice so far. It's the security model so it has a shorter barrel and pistol grip. Anyway, it's the funnest gun I own. And I won't feel bad if something happens to it.

Thanks for the responses guys. I have a couple weeks before I purchase, so I will browse the local shops more and see what I can find and feels right.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Shotgun mossberg 500

rifle ruger 10/22

pistol cant so.....

absolutely.

Dude mentioned Stevens, we sell tons of them and they never come back with issues. Not really going to find toys for them but reliable none the less...

Shotgun mossberg 500

rifle ruger 10/22

pistol cant so.....

I used to say this, but 22lr is so hard to find now, I would recommend going to you LGS and walmart and see what they have available for ammo. 17hmr looks good, and even bolt action 308, 30-06 have plenty of ammo. although expensive.

and you cant go wrong with a mossy 500

Archived