Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

port noise


rsfm089

Recommended Posts

Posted

the area of the port is not good. it is not coming from there not being enough room for the sound to get through, it's from the speed of the air coming out of the port moving faster than 33 meters per second.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Posted

Port looks big enough to not cause noise that bad, but measurements would be good. Step 1 would be to take the subs out and seal everything with silicone. If you're worried you didn't seal it well enough, you probably didn't.

Edit: Also, did you use a gasket at all on the subs? I had a guy have noise coming from the outside of the sub mounting ring before, even with the rubber gasket on the sub.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

I think when I built it the port walls might not be straight I will try to listen to it tomorrow and see if the noise is further in the box or right at the port

Posted

check that's the port walls are all secure and don't move when the bass kicks... also worth trying to hold onto or check that the wiring isn't slapping the box due to the vibrations

Posted

Just judging by looking at the port size, that box shouldnt have noticeable port noise...I would bet you are hearing something else... I.e. a leaky box.

Have you played the subs free air? Could be a spider or dustcap or something came loose and outside of tuning the speaker moves enough for you to hear it slapping around.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3326 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...