Audio Customs Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 What's the specs of the box ? How far is port from the back wall of the box ? cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
rsfm089 Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 I've never free aired them but today I think the coil smacked the magnet I just switch my big three from 4gauage to 1/0 and u can tell the difference
rsfm089 Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 What's the specs of the box ? How far is port from the back wall of the box ? don't know but I can measure it tomorrow I know the kick(behind the sub) on the port is only like an inch and a half
Audio Customs Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 Ok tomorrow give us all measurements so we can help you cone area http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/6819-cone-area-of-a-subwoofer/ 4th order band pass basic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/126478-basics-of-a-4th-order-bandpass-enclosure/ this is Torres box calculator My GUI Box Tuning Calculator Download - Updated 8/18/2012
Krakin Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 Joe x designed it so the port is good I'm not worried about this box I'm upgrading so I don't want to f up the next one no the port is not good. port noise is caused from to small of a port pushing air too fast. increased port area reduces port noise b/c the air cannot get a high enough velocity to create noise. Any design I have gone through and dissected from JoeX has been far above par. I would not doubt the performance of his designs at all. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
rsfm089 Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 I'm almost positive that I built it wrong. Who builds there first box perfect. Well not me. He already gave me the plans for my next one and this time I will take my time and build it right. I guess I got off track the post was really a way for me to find out what port noise was and what causes it
slowfkncar Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 A leaky box will cause a helicopter type noise. Not saying your box is leaking,but if it doesnt have any screws and isnt sealed properly it will most likely have some type of bad noise. Does your port have any bends inside the box? If not it is possible you have to little bit port area. Dimensions would greatly help everyone solve your problem.
Joe X Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 Specs for the box in question here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183329-box-design-for-first-time-builder-help-help-help/#entry2724145 rsfm089 be very clear about the issue you are experiencing now so that it doesn't happen again.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.