I have a alternator question...

Dc power is what I run personally and I have never had a problem with their customer service but that's just me. That being said I have seen complaints about their customer service all over the place. Now even though I prefer dc and it's what I run I wouldn't say all others are junk. I wouldn't hesitate to run a mechman or a singer alt at all. Irragi on the other hand well just search Some and form your own opinion about that guy. If I was you op I would just spend the extra dollars and get the singer, or mechman alt both great alts both good have a good warranty and customer service.

Side note one dc 270 xp supporting 20k I call pure bullshit on that. how exactly is a alt that puts out 200 amps at idle supporting a 2000+ amp current draw ?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Dc power is what I run personally and I have never had a problem with their customer service but that's just me. That being said I have seen complaints about their customer service all over the place. Now even though I prefer dc and it's what I run I wouldn't say all others are junk. I wouldn't hesitate to run a mechman or a singer alt at all. Irragi on the other hand well just search Some and form your own opinion about that guy. If I was you op I would just spend the extra dollars and get the singer, or mechman alt both great alts both good have a good warranty and customer service.

Side note one dc 270 xp supporting 20k I call pure bullshit on that. how exactly is a alt that puts out 200 amps at idle supporting a 2000+ amp current draw ?

Can i ask what alt you have? or what vehicle?

EDIT- No harm at all, im just asking what vehicle you are running, with the dc alt is all.

I mean no bullshit

OK..... here is how my alt purchasing has gone..........................

Got a mechman 200a a couple years ago, i was a noob, was able to call, actually talk to someone in their workshop, and he walked me through trouble shooting for 20 minutes and said thank you, have a nice day, blah blah blah. It was awesome, plus the alt actually does 216.

Then got an Execution Audio 270a (mechman basically), and have had no issues with it at all.

So that is 2 mechman alts essentially and zero flaw for 3+ years.

Have tried a dozen times to contact DC power, and nothing, Emails, calls, the whole nine yards, nada. Which is why they will never get a dime from me. Mechman has also began to be hard as shit to get a response from too sometimes, but it feels like DC just ignores people (could just be HUGE traffic). Ive emailed singer, was always more than helpful, even have me tons of options and great pricing, just happened to go another way. So in my experience.....

Customer Service

Mechman = Singer (easier to get a hold of) > every alt company ever > DC Power Inc

I bought a used singer 275a..... so ill get to see how i like them as well.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

You have AN alternator question, not "a" alternator question.

Be prepared to spend money, regardless of what company you choose, for a good quality alternator.

You have to figure out your box issue, before you start tackling bigger things. Not having a designer you can trust, or a builder that runs some numbers before telling you it's a good design or not is no good.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived