Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Driver cooling VS amount of port ?!?!?!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Didn't read thread yet

But my subs will stink pretty quick when I use 2 port plugs and drop my tuning to 21hz. Cuts down my port area from 5 aeros to 3

But no issue on all 5? Im guessing not, I just read through your build log, great work man!

Posted

Didn't read thread yet

But my subs will stink pretty quick when I use 2 port plugs and drop my tuning to 21hz. Cuts down my port area from 5 aeros to 3

But no issue on all 5? Im guessing not, I just read through your build log, great work man!

Nah not really. They'll get warm and "aromatic" but never that awful burnt smell

And thanks :wub:

Posted

This may be right up this topic's alley or way off, but I was looking around and found this http://audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/17535.html

It is a heat sink that attaches to the vent on the back of the sub to dissipate heat. Looks pretty cool but not sure of the efficiency hit by partially filling that vent.

Posted

Didn't read thread yet

But my subs will stink pretty quick when I use 2 port plugs and drop my tuning to 21hz. Cuts down my port area from 5 aeros to 3

But no issue on all 5? Im guessing not, I just read through your build log, great work man!

Nah not really. They'll get warm and "aromatic" but never that awful burnt smell

And thanks :wub:

That is how mine get, when i play in the upper 40's, or 20's for 4-5 songs full, and see 12v. Never a burn, or anything, but, like a electrical cabinet you open at work.

Posted

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? LOL

I m going to run through my test tones and find the one where my subs seem to move the least and measure the velocity, and compare it to 5+ and 5- test tones. What you wrote makes perfect sense and the diagrams help but I would like to see it in person.

I sig'd this, just fyi.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? LOL

I m going to run through my test tones and find the one where my subs seem to move the least and measure the velocity, and compare it to 5+ and 5- test tones. What you wrote makes perfect sense and the diagrams help but I would like to see it in person.

I sig'd this, just fyi.

Cool! Its all yours!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3159 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...