Second Skin Audio

6 Sundown SA 8s SEALED

Actually he has a fighting chance to be as loud as 2 18's. 2 18's is 50sqin of cone area while 6 8's is 75sqin. If each set up is on same power, and boxes are created equal. In theory the 8's would be louder. But this isn't theory this is practice, and theory is almost never right in audio lmao.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Actually he has a fighting chance to be as loud as 2 18's. 2 18's is 50sqin of cone area while 6 8's is 75sqin. If each set up is on same power, and boxes are created equal. In theory the 8's would be louder. But this isn't theory this is practice, and theory is almost never right in audio lmao.

Huh?

2 18's would be 508sqin, 6 8's would be 301sqin. Roughly. Unless I'm horribly wrong lol.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Huh?

2 18's would be 508sqin, 6 8's would be 301sqin. Roughly. Unless I'm horribly wrong lol.

Correct,

I think he might have had a little too much beer...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Sorry I went full rehtard when I was trying to do the cone area lmao

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Hell no 6 8" are not going to be louder then 2 18"'s. If your 18s were in a sealed box, it would still be louder then 6 8's. If im not mistaken 2 18's are like 40% more cone area then 6 8"'s not even including the efficiency gain yet of an 18" driver vs an 8" driver.

INB4 shitstorm.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

BUT WILL IT BE LOUD OUTSIDE OF THE CAR? WILL PEOPLE HEAR MY GORILLAZ IN THE TRUNK? WILL THEY HEAR ME BEATING UP AND DOWN THE BLOCK?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I know this could be one of those, cant find out until you test..... well it is pretty unanimous that 6 8's sealed will not touch 2 18s ported on the same power. You will be able to play probably lower and higher with the sealed box, but loose a TON of authority you get with ported boxes, plain and simple. Comparing 6 8's sealed to 2 18's is laughable, because one, you are getting WAY less cone area and it isnt ported.

If you want the sound of 2 18's, get 2 18's. Only way to get close to that sound is to have the 6 8's ported.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived