Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Afficianado, let's bring this back.

Oh man, now that we have The Amp Lab, I have tested SOOOOO many amps it would blow your mind. If people care, I will start posting up what various amps did again.

I'll do a feeler. I often get amps just because we're curious what's inside and how they perform.

I decided to pick up an Eclipse EA4100 4 channel. We weren't expecting much out of it, but boy were we blown away.

This amp did TWICE it's rated power. I checked it three times because I could NOT believe my eyes.

Rated for 150 Watts at 4 OHM bridged, and it did 299 watts @ 15.xx volts.

Really impressive amp!

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Also interested in seeing the test results.

Those results from the Eclipse amp do not surprise me, they made legit stuff back in the day.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Hell yeah I love seeing results. was that eclipse from the same generation as this one? I got it for a steal off of craigslist years back.

20151024_134657_zpsbba8vagx.jpg

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Earlier I think. That amp you have is one of the last ones you did. If I'm thinking right the heat sink is completely gray or silver

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Post it up. Pics of amps, videos of testing, the whole nine yards man. I loved this thread

I'll mull it over. We're already REALLY busy as it is, but I personally wish we were putting more videos out. We had a JL 1000/1 that I wanted to do a video on because of how it performed.

N8, let me know if this isn't allowed, but if you want to see the amp itself, it is posted up on our site currently.

I will try to get more stuff posted on our facebook too.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

im sure posting videos of amps are okay.. the problem comes when youre a business trying to sell tested gear on here without paying the partner fees

Archived