SLAYER1805 Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 This post totally reminds me of Tony D's post on that T15K for sale on ebay he posted on Facebook today. Those who don't understand it, will question it and say you can do better with cheaper equipment. Those who do understand the product, it's use and what it's capable of will know it's worth the price
Krakin Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 $372,000 for a pair. Won best sound at CES for 4 years, and won this years best sound at T.H.E. Show. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Joe X Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 BTW ^^^ those are 600W continuous power handling
bbeljefe Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 Well to be fair, it does have 12 slugs of neo. And they are red. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
Krakin Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 Well to be fair, it does have 12 slugs of neo. And they are red. It is actually Ferrite, believe it or not. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
bbeljefe Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 Well to be fair, it does have 12 slugs of neo. And they are red. It is actually Ferrite, believe it or not. LOL. I believe it. Doesn't even surprise me. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
White Lightning Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 $372,000 for a pair. Won best sound at CES for 4 years, and won this years best sound at T.H.E. Show. Those look REALLY cool, but even if I was rich ... I wouldn't see an application for them. Maybe for a 2 channel only sound system ... but not where they would fit into a 5.1 or 7.1 setup ... But then again, I'm more of an "in wall" home application person when it comes to things like this. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Krakin Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 [ Those look REALLY cool, but even if I was rich ... I wouldn't see an application for them. Maybe for a 2 channel only sound system ... but not where they would fit into a 5.1 or 7.1 setup ... But then again, I'm more of an "in wall" home application person when it comes to things like this. They have surround dipole speakers for 5.1 and 7.1 applications that are smaller and have the woofers built in. The company is surprisingly young as well. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Jessica Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 $372,000 for a pair. Won best sound at CES for 4 years, and won this years best sound at T.H.E. Show. Those look REALLY cool, but even if I was rich ... I wouldn't see an application for them.Maybe for a 2 channel only sound system ... but not where they would fit into a 5.1 or 7.1 setup ... But then again, I'm more of an "in wall" home application person when it comes to things like this. For me, on music, 5.1 has no place. 2 channel is king. If you want you can include 2.1 but I hate that term. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
White Lightning Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 Heard the name of Harmon Kardon the other day. I remember back in the day they were the SHIZNIT too ... Never could afford them. I did however have a pair of BOSE 901s ... AMAZING sound from those things !!! All my stuff from my old Blues Car Audio build (pair of tweeters, four 5.25" drivers, and a pair of 15" drivers) are still playing in my Mom's vintage stereo console ... (you know, that thing that looks like a dresser) ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.