My car is now almost 5 years old and all the black trim is fading to gray. I know there are a ton of products out there that claim to bring back the showroom finish, but which ones actually work? And how long dot they last?

Other options would be plasti-dip and/or wrapping. Maybe wrap it all in 3M carbon fiber vinyl LOL.

This pic shows it all, the trim under the front and rear bumpers, and along the bottom of the doors, along with the grill and black parts of the mirrors.

CAM001181.jpg

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I would plasti dip it even though the 3m carbon fiber would look badass but you would have to wrap every trim piece to make it match and look good

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

When I wash my 'hoe I usually hit the trim with the black magic tire shine. After I spray my tires I spray it on a rag and rub it in. It works better than armor all and doesn't wash off or leave runny "oil stain" streaks after it rains.

Give it a shot, I'm sure you have a can already sitting in the trunk.

When I wash my 'hoe I usually hit the trim with the black magic tire shine. After I spray my tires I spray it on a rag and rub it in. It works better than armor all and doesn't wash off or leave runny "oil stain" streaks after it rains.

Give it a shot, I'm sure you have a can already sitting in the trunk.

2 and a half cans actually. LOL. Ill try it out.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

ive seen videos on youtube of people using a heat gun.. dont know how long it last or if it really repairs it.. ive used the turtle back to black and only lasts a week or 2

also seen this

All the little tricks and products never seem to last. Therefor i would do it the proper way and paint it.

truthsayer

I'd probably use SEM Trim black. Just sucks waiting if you can't find it local. But I'd take SEM over any other paint (duplicolor, rustoleum, etc.)

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived