June 2014 SOTM VOTE - Sponsored by CT Sounds - Enter to win 3 amps, a pair of subs and a component set!!!

June 2014 SOTM Vote  

168 members have voted

1. 1. June 2014 SOTM Vote

That would be people who just joined the forum and maybe this isn't their #1 or favorite hobby and haven't invested as much time (or money) getting free stuff which just doesn't seem right. Sounds like the government, he/she who hasn't worked for their stuff is the most needy and get free shit when those who have invest the time and money of their lives for something get the least. Makes sense.....

Its not about the equipment that wins the build.. its the build its self.. I could of had sony xplodes in my box would you think the box would not look the same?.. same with the amp rack and doors... could put all sony stuff in them too... so please dont use the excuse about equipment. ... also some of guys with these builds have wifes cars that we can build with the equipment for future system build logs...

Actually in some effect the equipment does win the build. The term nut hugging comes to mind. People judge you by what equipment you run. I know first hand.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Congrats Wicks, the build looks sick (as does the whole car). You DEFINITELY earned it!

Thanks Dude! :drinks:

Much appreciated.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Well, let me first say congratulations to Wicks. It's obvious that you put a ton of heart and soul into your installation.

As for those of you that didn't win, I'd like you each to think about the following:

- You don't have any claim to the prize for any reason. If you want to win badly enough, you'll figure out a way to do so. We've had more than our fair share of entry level builds win SOTM and there will be many more. What often sets a winner apart from the rest is the drive, the hustle, and the right attitude.

- This world owes you nothing. Only after you've made peace with that do you have what it takes to be a winner.

- There's always next month.

Nobody has a point. Nobody has a legitimate beef. Nobody has a good reason why they or someone else should have won. You want it? Earn it.

'Nuff said. Congrats again Wicks! I'd tell ya' to get me your stuff but Steve is apparently all over that. Finally, thank you to CT Sounds for the prize and to ALL SMD Partners that have put up hundreds of thousands of dollars of prizes over the last several years. They've certainly "earned" it.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

You want it? Earn it.

^this x1000

I plan to take away some things from Wicks install and try to improve mine. It's the competition that makes people think outside of the box and step up their installs. Hopefully next month, somebody has something even better!

2006 Mustang GT

Audio:2x RF R1200-1D, 2x RF R400-4, 2x RF P1S48, 2x RF T1682c, 2x DC 12" Lvl 3 D2, 1x RF T1652-s, XS Power Batts, Toolmaker blocks, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods:Too many to list...

2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L

Audio:1x RF R1200-1D, 1x RF R250x4, 2x Sundown 10" SD2, 2x RF P1652, 1x RF P1652-s, Q-logic kickpanels, Knu wiring, Knu RCA's, custom enclosure with amp rack

Performance Mods: Coming Soon

GRATZ WICKS!!!

I had 3 10" lvl 3 one red, one silver, one blue (merica) on an saz 1500 at .6667 ohm. in the trunk of my sebring doing low to mid 140's and all i got was open the port up. I had it tuned low for daily not comps.

I won, wide open no restrictions, with less than 2k watts and only 2 12s. It can be done just fine.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

GRATZ WICKS!!!

I had 3 10" lvl 3 one red, one silver, one blue (merica) on an saz 1500 at .6667 ohm. in the trunk of my sebring doing low to mid 140's and all i got was open the port up. I had it tuned low for daily not comps.

I won, wide open no restrictions, with less than 2k watts and only 2 12s. It can be done just fine.

I remember

And it took you several months

And it wasn't the biggest loudest of that month

But you won cause it was a nice clean install

Well, let me first say congratulations to Wicks. It's obvious that you put a ton of heart and soul into your installation.

As for those of you that didn't win, I'd like you each to think about the following:

- You don't have any claim to the prize for any reason. If you want to win badly enough, you'll figure out a way to do so. We've had more than our fair share of entry level builds win SOTM and there will be many more. What often sets a winner apart from the rest is the drive, the hustle, and the right attitude.

- This world owes you nothing. Only after you've made peace with that do you have what it takes to be a winner.

- There's always next month.

Nobody has a point. Nobody has a legitimate beef. Nobody has a good reason why they or someone else should have won. You want it? Earn it.

'Nuff said. Congrats again Wicks! I'd tell ya' to get me your stuff but Steve is apparently all over that. Finally, thank you to CT Sounds for the prize and to ALL SMD Partners that have put up hundreds of thousands of dollars of prizes over the last several years. They've certainly "earned" it.

Thanks Tony!! MUCH appreciated for the great comments and for all that SMD does for the audio community.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said!

:drinks:

You want it? Earn it.

^this x1000

I plan to take away some things from Wicks install and try to improve mine. It's the competition that makes people think outside of the box and step up their installs. Hopefully next month, somebody has something even better!

Well said! Others have inspired me and if I inspire ideas for somebody else then that means more to me then anything.

Does that "somebody with something even better" include me too? I have more ideas up my sleeve... ;)

GRATZ WICKS!!!

^^^This!

Thanks Dude.

You kept a GREAT attitude and stuck with it. The people saw that and responded. Positively and a good attitude go a long way. :good:

If the install is CLEAN and well done with lots of detailed pics, then I don't care what equipment you're running, I'll vote for you every time.

Doesn't matter if its a trunk with two 10's or an SUV with twelve 15's.

:good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Congrats on the win Wicks. Have been watching your build for a while now. Also voted for you.... lol

What I like is that you do most of the work yourself. Your attention to detail and some of the things you come up with are amazing.

Again great job man.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived