Sonic Electronix

Set my gains with DD-1 No distortion at max gain

my zx1500.1 distorts when i start turning the bass boost up with gain to full. So i know the amp can run full gain without distorting. I just have a question,

Is there anyway this is bad? I am powering 3 sundown 12s rated at 1500rms total (2.6ohm wiring). I can slam for 1 hour straight and the amp is barely hot. I just want to make sure im not doing something wrong.

btw

i am buying a new alternator and battery for mid and highs. I havent checked my voltage since i tuned, i assume the new battery+alt soon will keep me in check if electrical cant handle it

Will post a pic tomorrow since people like that

Thanks. SMD forums since setting this system up i have made 2 posts that helped alot *salute*

I find it hard to believe you can run that amp's gain at full with No distortion. I have yet to see a amp that could do that. Secondly why would you want to use bass boost anyway?

truthsayer

I find it hard to believe you can run that amp's gain at full with No distortion. I have yet to see a amp that could do that. Secondly why would you want to use bass boost anyway?

It sounds like he had his gain set on max, and the DD-1 did not show clipping so he then turned bass boost on to check to see if that would make it clip. I would have to guess that he was just checking to see if the DD-1 was working because of the no clipping shown with the gain cranked.

OP - If you're not showing clipping with the gain cranked to max... You have not followed the instructions fully, I can guarantee that. Go back through all of the steps with the DD-1, without ignoring anything at all and you will have different results.

No idea with what head unit he is using, but chances are the subwoofer preout volume is probably turned all the way down, so there is little to no rca voltage being sent to the amp.

Which would make sense if he has the amp gain all the way up and no distortion.

my zx1500.1 distorts when i start turning the bass boost up with gain to full. So i know the amp can run full gain without distorting. I just have a question,

Is there anyway this is bad? I am powering 3 sundown 12s rated at 1500rms total (2.6ohm wiring). I can slam for 1 hour straight and the amp is barely hot. I just want to make sure im not doing something wrong.

btw

i am buying a new alternator and battery for mid and highs. I havent checked my voltage since i tuned, i assume the new battery+alt soon will keep me in check if electrical cant handle it

Will post a pic tomorrow since people like that

Thanks. SMD forums since setting this system up i have made 2 posts that helped alot *salute*

can almost guarantee you used the wrong track... What track did you set it up with?

i got a old nak 4 channel that does the same but its all relative to input voltage

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

I have a pioneer avh-2500bt or something like that. It has a sub out that I run to the rear two channels of my Arc SE4200 and with the sub level turned all the way up I get distortion at volume level 31. So I go to 30 and set the gains. They are turned all the way up with no distortion on the rear channels. I set my gains with an o-scope. The front channels are coming for different preouts and do distort before full gain. Its about 3/4ish the way up. Also I set them with a 0db test tone. Thats what I had and figured I'd be plenty safe with that. I've tested it a both low voltage >12V and at normal operating voltage 14.4V and was good both ways. This amp has a clip indicator that is pretty close to accurate and it confirmed what I saw on the o-scope.

All you guys that are making all these guarantees should be careful about being so sure. It is possible just not common.

I use a dual deck, i dont know the specs but its new. HU was tested with track 1 and 2 then avg that got 42/46 HU volume. Ive tested the amp 3 times now. I only show distortion at max gain when i start to turn up bass boost. Obviously Bass boost will remain at 0 but i did it to make sure everything was well. I did tested at track 3, 5, and 7 for the amp. also did the head unit through the amp and through the RCA's then averaged that

i followed the instructions correctly i believe

Off to work. Pics later.

Why did you use multiple tracks to test? Wouldn't you just use -5db for daily and be good? And if it's a Dual, it's probably low voltage like Brian said.

Archived