Jump to content

LPF on head unit


Recommended Posts

Posted

My kenwood excelon has a lpf setting on it. I was wondering if its best to use that or set the lpf on the amp. Or perhaps both? the head unit would let me know exactly where its at, setting it on the amp would just be a guess.

Posted

On the deck like you said gives you an exact setting and imo better just because you can more easily adjust it while sitting there listening to it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Assuming it's accurate. I've heard Kenwood's LPF's are pretty close, other brands vary a bit. Personally, I'm using my Kenwood deck's LPF's untill I get a CC1, then we'll see how accurate they really are.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

  • 5 months later...
Posted

So if I wanted to use the head unit. What would I set the amp at?

And if I wanted to use the amp what would I set the head unit at?

hard to tell on most amps unless you got a CC1...they should make that shit digital...i set mine at 80

Posted

Remember if you set your LP, or any other filters on your head unit and you remove your battery for a long enough period of time, it may reset your settings. I made that mistake once and my 6.5" woofers in my doors didn't enjoy that too much. :)

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Posted

Set it on the head unit, and open it or turn it off on the amplifier.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers :  Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

 

Posted

HU at 80 and turn amp LPF all the way up. HU will cut it off at 80 so setting the amp all the way up is just in case you can't turn it off on amp.

I also believe in not using both.

Because I have a CC-1 I like using the one on the amps better. I don't trust HU's

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1446 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...