faralint Posted July 12, 2014 Author Report Posted July 12, 2014 Who designed your current box? by myself Build log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/173832-audi-a6-trunk-build/page-3
CleanSierra Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 When you asked Cody about port area,did you ask specifically about a 4th order bandpass? Or a regular ported box? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
faralint Posted July 12, 2014 Author Report Posted July 12, 2014 I dont ask. I see some topic on fotum about 4-th order build:) Build log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/173832-audi-a6-trunk-build/page-3
CleanSierra Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 I'm pretty sure Cody didn't design his own box that's in his truck currently, but David Berger did(I believe). Ask a designer what they think of your port area. Your sealed and ported values seem fine to me, but port is about what I'd use for a regular ported box, not a bandpass. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
g2shuck Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 I would for sure increase the port area being bandpass 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
faralint Posted July 13, 2014 Author Report Posted July 13, 2014 How mutch increase the port? And what tuning will be better? Need to 26-28 hz play loud Build log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/173832-audi-a6-trunk-build/page-3
OrionStang Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 I'm pretty sure Cody is not running XL's. I'm also pretty sure that XL's are not the best choice for a 4th order. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
boom50cal Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 how do the XL's like 5k each? wire that fuckin 10k into the dirt if you want to number chase. Or get another and some Fi Team subs, AA Team Subs, Level 6's, Tantric SHD's, b2 XC's. Some big beefy 4 inch coil monsters. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
CleanSierra Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 Sealed side dictates how low you play, not the ported chamber. And Ken, I'm not a big DC guy and I don't know much about their products, but I've heard the XL was a good candidate for the bandpass. I've never looked at numbers or have any clue on the suspension details, but have heard from a few guys that they do well since I was in need of a good 4th friendly sub for my blowthrough. P.S. And I'm sure your right, Cody is likely running a level 5(or custom 6) in that box of his. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Skater229 Posted July 13, 2014 Report Posted July 13, 2014 He had XL's when the truck was first finished, but they got swapped out for Level 5's 2010 Chevy HHR Panel (Work in progress) Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4 Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K Alt CES 200/270+ 4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f 1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.