Sonic Electronix

Who's got the best roof bracing?

Not reading all the posts. But if you add MDF, metal or really anything but sound deadener, you'll be put in extreme classes if you ever compete.

Even spray foam in existing braces will cause you to be in higher classes.

I used alpha damp. Which has a very thick aluminum layer and it helped greatly with flex. Not so much on resonation of the metal but definitely flex. Similar deadeners will help.

Best roof bracing I've ever seen right here. He's using a stripper pole but I'm sure if you did a good job with MDF and fiberglass work, it would stop it just fine

IIRC it's MDF and fiberglas

That is one of the most impressive coin flips I've ever seen. It doesn't move AT ALL. Does he have a build thread with some detailed pics I can dig through?

youll have to be carefull alot of orgs will not let you brace the roof in front of the b pillar or if they do it has strict rules for it or youll end up in the same class as the stripper poles

Glad someone got to this before I did. Any sort of bracing in front of the B pillar in some glassed/orgs will stick you directly in that same class. What class/org are u gonna be running in? Btw a solid MDF/glassed roof works as good if not better from personal testing (Caravan panel van w/ 8 15s in a 4th order).

I'm moving from Iowa to Virginia in two weeks so I'm not familiar with any organizations that are down there. Truthfully competing will be an after thought for the most part, its never been important for me here. If any bracing put me in the higher class then so be it, I just don't want a stripper pole. Don't want the blind spot nor the interference. Even though they are practical and come with a real "WOW" factor.

Not reading all the posts. But if you add MDF, metal or really anything but sound deadener, you'll be put in extreme classes if you ever compete.

Even spray foam in existing braces will cause you to be in higher classes.

I used alpha damp. Which has a very thick aluminum layer and it helped greatly with flex. Not so much on resonation of the metal but definitely flex. Similar deadeners will help.

Then I'll have to run the higher classes, I know my windshield is going to be a serious issue. The flex is already absurb with two ZCONS in a temp box on 1k out of the trunk (about a half inch). Imagine when I stick all four in there in a low tuned 4th on the AB1100.1? It will not stand a chance even with the best deadener. I need to get some steel on that cross member. Any other builds people know of? I'm going to keep digging. Already got a couple ideas from MADDRUNX's build, his roof bracing is phenomenal. Know of any others?

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

They make an adhesive called furor or something similar that's pretty good for bonding metals without welding

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

I'd like to see the best bracing while keeping the stock headliner. Easy to make something solid if you don't care how it looks, but keeping the factory headliner is hard.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I'd like to see the best bracing while keeping the stock headliner. Easy to make something solid if you don't care how it looks, but keeping the factory headliner is hard.

no need for stock headliner, you can add some wood and just get a new headliner that fits, not a big issue, that´s what im planning to do next week :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Fecupe some of us don't care for th3 its loud so it can look like ass approach

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Shoot this idea down if it sounds totally nuts, but what about some low profile corrugated/tiangulated metal epoxy'ed to the inside of the roof skin? Thinking like a corrugated roof, but scaled way down. The triangulation should resist the roof's inclination to bend due to it's geometry, you'd need to epoxy because you couldn't weld in the middle of it (and it'd have to attach across the entire roof skin and not just at the edges. Then, put the headliner back up and it wouldn't be visible.

Like I said, it's probably one of those wild ass way out in left field ideas, but it's based on sound geometry and engineering principles.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Fecupe some of us don't care for th3 its loud so it can look like ass approach

lol same here, like i said, you can add wood on the roof and then make it look pretty by fabricating a new headliner, you´ll see mine in a few days :D

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived