Second Skin Audio

Never Ending!!

Josh Chav

Not to mention, dude your sub's impedances are all mixed up. No way it will sound near the output of the same system that is PROPERLY wired up.

what do you mean must impedances are mixed up? i am running 2 2ohm wired at 2ohm. I am the one who hooked his up also. im just confused :/

Just read your other post about wiring a d4 and d2 kicker l7 with a hifonics amp. Sorry I didn't know you fixed this problem. I Dont see it stated.

That's a long run so yes 0 gauge. Also the box is not only a big deal but it's almost everything. If his box was designed and tuned better and then built better there could be a world of difference all else equal. Kicker makes good amps. A 1200 watt kicker will put out well over half of what a high nice 2400 will put out. You might have gained a few hundred watts but not double. So like has been said there are many factors. My guess is he has a better box that is tuned well with the truck. Build a new box and you might be surprised how much of a difference it will make.

ok so new wire and new box. i think when we build his box (we were kids just messing around) we just got lucky (cause it was nothing fancy, just size and port just as bbig lol)

is the "big 3" something good to do? or just upgrade battery/alt (future talk)

Not to mention, dude your sub's impedances are all mixed up. No way it will sound near the output of the same system that is PROPERLY wired up.

what do you mean must impedances are mixed up? i am running 2 2ohm wired at 2ohm. I am the one who hooked his up also. im just confused :/

Just read your other post about wiring a d4 and d2 kicker l7 with a hifonics amp. Sorry I didn't know you fixed this problem. I Dont see it stated.

ha ha yeah, i thought that would fix the issue but it is still there ha ha sounds "smoother" tho if that makes sense

Ok, so i am hoping you guys can help... but first let me give my background so you understand where i am coming from..

so growing up i always used kicker l7, started off with 2 12's and they pounded! I ran them with a kicker kx1200.1 amp 4g wire. My friend then got 2 15 L7 and his killed mine, same amp and everything! Ever since then, car to car, i been wanting to get 2 (or more) 15's.

I finally got 1 15 and ran it with the same 1200.1 amp, it was loud but not as loud as i wanted still, i wanted at least 2 15's.

so finally i got 2 15's (about time), running them with the same kx1200.1 amp 4g wire. I is not nearly as loud as his was and i dont know why!! grrr!!! i figured maybe his box was bigger (1 or 2 cubic feet per sub bigger) but is that really that big of a difference?

so i got a hifonics 2400.1 amp (i know its not the best but wanted to double the power just to see if it helps) but now it sounds the same if not even less loud! Would this be caused cause i am using 4g wire still instead of 0g? what am i doing wrong!?

Box size is a big issue with those subs, to perform efficiently 4.5 to 6 cubes net per sub is expected, that amplifier should be enough for those subs as long as your wiring and electrical system are properly setup and that you have setup gains properly.

You may want to post a sketch with dimensions of the box and some pictures of the install, likely that will help a lot to see what's going on.

ok, I am gonna build a new box, can someone with cool tools help answer some question please..

wood: 3/4

H 23in

W 40in

L 30in

port 3in

this would give right around 6 cubic ft unless my math is off, this will be just basic and square lol dont have the skills to come up with anything different unless you guys help.

That hifonics is only rated for 1400 at 2 ohms. Guarantee the kicker was doing more power

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Straight from the free kicker app. Also I would go back to the kicker amp. Only amp I can think of that might be louder is a Rockford 1500BDCP.

1CC7B035-6506-41BD-948D-3393804D6E74.png

Or this

6A2B6C16-E017-4F50-B544-0C950AE39DD9.png

Also if you ever decide to change equipment there are way better options than Kicker subs.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived