Second Skin Audio

140bd+ system in hatch ideas?

Blaze92

I know this question can be extremely broad so I have narrowed down the factors a bit as listed below. Mainly after that deeper boomy feel whether it be in a sealed or ported box and i want it to respectfully loud for the boot-space size I have to work with (below the window line). Breaking the 140db mark would be a bonus.

Car: 08 RS Subaru Impreza Hatchback

Amp: Alpine MRX-M110 (1100w rms @ 2 ohm)

Sub(s) size: 8" / 10" / 12"

Sub brand: Anything decent branded.

Box Space in boot: 95cm width x 40cm deep x 35cm high

Power: Yellowtop battery upfront, stock alt 140-160A I believe.

Box tuning*: 34-38hz range.

I saw 2 sundown z4 12's on an skar 4500 do a 147 in a mazda 3 hatch back last night

Thanks for the input guys. Sadly here in Australia importing sundown audio gear is super expensive as we pay up to 4 times the worth it is compared to you guys so thats out of the question :angry22:

The higher end brands at more affordable prices here are; Alpine, RE Audio, Soundstream, Clarion, Pioneer, Vibe.

Was thinking of something down the line of having 3 10"s in a sealed box, possibly JBL Gt5-10 as they have some punch for the price from past experience.

Thanks for the input guys. Sadly here in Australia importing sundown audio gear is super expensive as we pay up to 4 times the worth it is compared to you guys so thats out of the question :angry22:

The higher end brands at more affordable prices here are; Alpine, RE Audio, Soundstream, Clarion, Pioneer, Vibe.

Was thinking of something down the line of having 3 10"s in a sealed box, possibly JBL Gt5-10 as they have some punch for the price from past experience.

RE Audio SX Pro.

How much space do you have for a box? And measure it, don't just guess. Two 12's or one 15 ported should easily get you over 140, even on that power.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I would do 2 12's. Look into soundqubed. They would be perfect. I have 2 9512's on less than half power and I'm doing a 146-147. I will be able to get into the 150's eventually. But soundqubed makes good stuff. They can take power but don't need lots of it to get goin.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Thanks for the input guys!, am leaning toward either the RE Audio SEXv2 12D4 or the RE Audio SCXv2 12D4. Will most likely be using my 32hz box built to spec for an alpine type -r 12 (newest generation). to see how it goes

Archived