Sonic Electronix

I need to know about head units

your going to be hard pressed to find anybody that knows dick about car audio in a best buy whether they be customer of staff-

this right here ladies and gentlemen is gold. Let me know when your instructional picture book "How to be helpful on a forum" comes out!!

Anyone who needs that technical of information isn't looking for a lower end unit anyway. If they need that technical of information then they already know it.

The base sound between any of the units at a retail store (of any quality units) is going to be very similar anyway, so selling the features of the unit will be much more effective than trying to use details of technical information.

Some things that will be helpful to you are how the units will interact with how the customer will use it. For example, if they are using an Android phone then find a unit that works well with those. If they are using USB at all, know which units have quality D/A converters.

And this is how i approach every car audio sale. Features first. At the end of the day 99% of the customers will not tell the difference. Those who will are not shopping at best buy or require a higher end to suit their needs anyway. Thanks for seeing what I was saying and not just writing me off as ignorant.

But this is where it gets a bit tricky. You aren't going to find significant differences in the output side of most similarly priced (and also similar quality) head units. Yes there will be differences in crossovers and EQs and things like that, but the actual output (ie the amp) really won't sound that different. Where you can get drastic differences is how each head units treats it's inputs. D/A converter quality can vary greatly and effect the sound a lot. AUX in connections can sound different too. Those are the areas you need to know about.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I would helped customer with engine noise and paper speakers and upgraded him.instead of telling him/her you won't hear a diffrence

The speakers were on sale for 40.99 and he bitched. What am I to do?

Keep a smile on your face and sell him a deck and not say you wont hear a difference ..was you going talk to this guy about s/n ratio sound quality really

MrSkippyJ I would be very interested in learning anything you might know about these processes and how they affect the output. As I said I came here to learn. If you care to, send me a private message and I will soak in any info I can gain from you. Thanks

Holy hell.

wtf is this

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

And we are arguing over 100 dollar head units sold at best buy.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived