Facekicker's Walled Monte Carlo SS by XP Kustomz & Vapor Mania

Yeah. Something about Fi tinsel leads and Korean amps and series wiring and clipping. I DD-1'd though and stayed out of clipping on my knob so who knows.

I'm going to rewire them to .5 on each amp and match them instead of strapping them and im switching to a LC1 knob instead of the one that came with my 5k amps, im told thats a boost knob.

Ive never used an amps bass knob, but then again none of my builds where loud...

LC1 is decent, and your best idea.

You can keep the amps strapped, really no difference and easier than matching settings unless you have a cc-1 to get the crossovers dialed in the same.

Just do series/parallel wiring on the woofers to keep it a 1ohm strapped load resulting in .5 per amp.

Please locate and read through the thread about burnt tinsel leads, LMAO, it's super long but it should clear things up for you.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Got a link? Tried searching but couldn't find one other than this:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/182190-cheep-koreans-amps-no-good-fi/?hl=%20burnt%20%20tinsel

which is basically a summary of the emails between Nick and I.

I recall reading a thread a while back that basically repeated the word "clipping" over and over if that's what you're getting at though, I understand clipping will do this too.

Yea, that was the one, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back, replaced both subs with FOAD versions.

Did the DD-1 again.

I will meter when I get time, I don't think I gained or lost - and shouldn't really have either.

Future plans are a new wall using Sundown Team D1s at .5 each amp instead of the .7 my Fi's are at.

Team fis to team sundowns doesn't seem like too big an upgrade to me :shrug: but it's your build lol

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I dont get how people are burning these leads.AA98hoe has put his teams through hell and back.I ran two team 18 with a AB750.1 on each .5 ohm load per amp in a improper box for them couldn't get them to smell or burn.this is on the regular leads

Archived