Facekicker's Walled Monte Carlo SS by XP Kustomz & Vapor Mania

I had a chance to talk to Cabe Sipes awhile back and he told me that the issue is due to a cold solder and the triple joint. I have no clue really what that means but I'm sure some of you do. Now rather that is true or not who knows but he seemed to know quite a bit. So its possible seeing as how some people have had the problem and some haven't that it could be the problem but with the new leads this issue was resolved.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

So op runs Dc5k is that a cheap Korean amp then?

According to Fi, yes!

Only amps that are legit are Rockford and Kicker, or class A/B amplifiers...

never had a issue running the 9k on my subs :unknw:

:ninja:

So whats the issue then?

Because everyone says something different.

Some say its clipping, in fi's on words cheap chinese and korean amps microwaving the the tinsels.

The amps where strapped so both woofers got the same power from the same power plant.

Amps set with DD-1 so we can rule out clipping.

Others use cheap korean amps with out issues.

But only 1 woofer had an issue.

Out of all the Fi/AA product ive ran, and installed for others this only happened twice

Once with a pair of strapped spl dynamic ext-3000ds on a pair of mayhems only 1 issue, but the woofer actually caught fire, and was still playing when in flames at slamology.

But I will admit it was 100+degrees and been banging it straight for hours on end, everything was hot, batteries where drained and I was drunk and letting other people give themselves demos.

So I wont blame the woofer in this case, though still odd it was only 1 sub, but like I said, it was still playing and tinsels where fine as it was on fire.

The other one that cooked the tinsels was the smd 18.

Used it for months issue free on a pair of 4500s strapped at 1ohm to the single sub. Never an issue everything tuned with the dd-1/cc-1. I raped the shit out of the woofer took it fine, never got hot or stinky.

Let a buddy use it for a little bit and a couple weeks later tinsels burned from a single 4500 at 1ohm that I also tuned with the dd-1/cc-1, sub was in the same box as well, had 3 or 4 stinger spv70s in the truck alone with a dc power 170xp iirc.

I had a chance to talk to Cabe Sipes awhile back and he told me that the issue is due to a cold solder and the triple joint. I have no clue really what that means but I'm sure some of you do. Now rather that is true or not who knows but he seemed to know quite a bit. So its possible seeing as how some people have had the problem and some haven't that it could be the problem but with the new leads this issue was resolved.

That could actually make sense.

Generally a cold solder job means when the tinsels got soldered to the coil lead out wires, the connection points didnt get hot enough to fully absorb the solder for the best connection.

Which would then cause resistance. All that energy is trying to flow through the wire which is acting like a dam and only allowing so much to pass through, which is making the wire heat up until the weakest link fails which in this case would be thin small gauge braided tinsel wire and not the aluminum lead out wire to the coil.

Perfect example is people who melt fuse blocks to hell because of a lose connection, bad solder or crimp job on the ring terminals, or bolts that hold the fuse in place are loose.

burned+up.jpg

calm your tits brian... lol

Why?

Because everyone can jump down someone elses throat saying its clipping and obviously have no idea and are wrong with their clipping explanation, while the company says its from cheap china and korean amplifiers microwaving the tinsels.

OPEN YOUR EYES and stop being such a nut hugger!

Just because you didnt have issues, doesnt mean there is not a problem, and this problem widely exists with the FI, AA line. Yes other companies have had issues here and there but it widely exists with this manufacture.

Please explain to me how 1 woofer from clipping had an issue while the other did not?

None of these microwaving the tinsels or clipping accusations work since both subs where giving the same power from the same pair of strapped amps.

The only logical thing that makes sense is from what Real96ss was told by Cabe Sipes, which could make sense.

I also find it foolish for a company to make these 4000+ watt rms woofers, and say that only RF and Kicker and 2 channel amps are fine to use without this issue. Not everyone is going to go out and spend $4,000+ for a pair of amps to power one damn woofer

Archived