Second Skin Audio

Fi SP4 subwoofer enclosure sizes?!?!?!?

drumstar7

Look one BC 5500 per sub is not going to hurt anything, I want to run it less than half power. In the sense clean power no clipping from amps or subs. Also these amplifiers have no fans and at one ohm half power it would be less heat. I just need some enclosure ideas and I also was leaning toward 8cubes of airspace. I was told these subs do great in larger boxes.

Look one BC 5500 per sub if not going to hurt anything, I want to run it less than half power. In the sense clean power no clipping from amps or subs. Also these amplifiers have no fans and at one ohm half power it would be less heat. I just need some enclosure ideas and I also was leaning toward 8cubes of airspace. I was told these subs do great in larger boxes.

Look.. im going to to 4-5k to each sub

I was talking to the folk above thinking you could even POWER 20k

I was on your side...

WHAT CAR ?

EDIT- wait? half power? at one ohm?

huh?

hmmmmmm... ill be over in the corner

Look one BC 5500 per sub if not going to hurt anything, I want to run it less than half power. In the sense clean power no clipping from amps or subs. Also these amplifiers have no fans and at one ohm half power it would be less heat. I just need some enclosure ideas and I also was leaning toward 8cubes of airspace. I was told these subs do great in larger boxes.

Look.. im going to to 4-5k to each sub

I was talking to the folk above thinking you could even POWER 20k

I was on your side...

WHAT CAR ?

EDIT- wait? half power? at one ohm?

huh?

hmmmmmm... ill be over in the corner

Chevy Tahoe but -my battery bank is somewhat taking some space.... I have a design as well but I was thinking of chambering and port tuning the box at 30 31 hz and after I put the sub in it will change the air space and tuning to around 32(goal)hz I have 48Wx 30Depth x32H to play with. The height is kinda where im having issues bc I have a slight 3.5 inch pitch at each corner (x2) I have to work with to increase and decrease air space if I chose to just make a wall later.

Dude I am running 2 Crossfire 8k's to 4 Sp4 15's and.......well don't do it but its your gear.

I meant one sub per amp..

Where do we start?

-Sub thermal and mechanical power handling

-That enclosure idea

-Your subpar electrical setup

My electrical? Im sure its okay. Mechman 370 Elite 6 phase with two runs of 1/0 and three HC1800 batts enough? Doubt I dip that bad, I may at most get a regulator from MM.

This 'half-power' talk makes me think you should do some reading and learning before doing this build.

Doubt thats going to happen but im always up for learning, if I was a know it all I wouldn't be asking ?'s. Although ive never heard anything problematic on runing half power.

Archived