Jump to content

SQ Head-unit recommendations, under $270


Recommended Posts

Posted

Im not gonna lie, it was overwhelming the first day, but if you read the book its very easy.

After you mess with it a little its awesome, i am very impressed with this hu

yea thats what i figured, the alpines were a lot like that too

Posted

Im not gonna lie, it was overwhelming the first day, but if you read the book its very easy.

After you mess with it a little its awesome, i am very impressed with this hu

yea thats what i figured, the alpines were a lot like that too

it sounds better than my alpine. Take a day and mess with it and i bet you love it, best 140 i ever spent

Posted

Also I'd say the alpine CDE-HD149bt is a solid HU, too. Retail is 299. But maybe I'm just a pioneer fanboy... Haha.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Posted

All i will say is, i ran Clarion as a kid, then somehow i tried running some Alpines and the pioneer for a few years. Then finally about 3 yrs ago i made the switch back to Clarion and i will never switch back. In my personal opinion Clarion has the best sound quality out of all the others on the market.

truthsayer

Posted

Also I'd say the alpine CDE-HD149bt is a solid HU, too. Retail is 299. But maybe I'm just a pioneer fanboy... Haha.

hah, yea...i'm bitching about pioneer....while listening to my martin logans...on a pioneer elite receiver.

also name dropping the speakers adds to my douchebaggery.

now I gotta figure out whether I go active and tune a system or just run my 4channel amp with a set of zapco or other components.

Posted

I was a pioneer guy until the 8500x double din sounded like poop and reading issues with rca outputs here. Alpine 117, sidegraded to a Alpine 149bt and am happily a fan of Alpine. Just wish this 149bt had Biolite display.

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Posted

I'm thinking about getting rid of my JVC(Kenwood owned and built) double din and giving the Clarion a try as well. I miss DTA that I had from my old eXcelon double din that was stolen :(

I'm also closely watching eBay and such for the real deal DEX P99rs. I'd be down for this copper chassis badass and I guess sometimes they're around for $700-800.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I'm thinking about getting rid of my JVC(Kenwood owned and built) double din and giving the Clarion a try as well. I miss DTA that I had from my old eXcelon double din that was stolen :(

I'm also closely watching eBay and such for the real deal DEX P99rs. I'd be down for this copper chassis badass and I guess sometimes they're around for $700-800.

I have the 99prs ...its fucking sweet..and I haven't touched the time alignment yet in two years and I'm no SQ person lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 984 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...