Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can we stop picking apart JoeX box designs?


Smoove

Recommended Posts

Posted

JoeX has made many folks happy with the free designs. Based on peoples requests some ports are not perfect. Everyone knows you dont get perfect for free. He is helping a lot of first timers get started building custom boxes instead of buying some prefab crap. I dont think it's fair for a couple people to pick apart what he gives some people when its free. They are not horrible designs, and if the person asking for a free box wanted a perfect box with no rise and perfect port they would go to a reputable shop. I say let him help the first timers so they get get familiar with box building and have a decent box to start with.

Posted

Same here brother We suppose to help each other out not bash on people just some have more experience than others that don't make u better because u where not born with that knowledge u had to learn from some where if u don't like him or like what he does don't look at the thread simple as that if u do u need a life

Posted

I like Joe X. Don't know who he is but have used a box designed by him specifically for me and loved it. Fuck the hate. Thanks Joe X.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

Yea because doing some proper and just something thats ehh to pass you by is definitely good enough..

Might as well say all those amps that claim XXXX amount of watts but fail on the AD-1 are GREAT FOR THE MONEY too... After all they work, even though they dont work like they claim... Pretty much the same concept.

But I forgot the new age people want everything handed to them on a golden spoon and not have to work for anything. Its just easier to rely on someone else to do the work for you.

Its just to hard to research the forum and design your own box and LEARN something for yourself even if you use a freeware box calculator to do your math.

Constructive criticism is looked at as hate with the newer generation, and not viewed as room for improvement.

Bottom line free or not it should be done correctly if your offering services to do something. I guess everyone forgot the whole "move the port" guy that did free designs as well.....

It is his choice to do it for free which he must unless he wants to do it at all here unless he becomes a partner/vendor here and charge for designs.

That is why I dont offer designs because Im not a partner or vendor, and not willing to do them for free since its something that may take a hour or two for something correct and proper built around the woofer and vehicle.

 

 

Posted

Smoove, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that this thread is pointed directly at me.

To set things straight, I'm not picking his stuff apart. I'm hoping the kid will take my input, possibly take a step back, re-evaluate what he is doing, learn from it, improve, and then keep doing what he does. I can respect what he is doing, it's is commendable. But please don't accuse me of trying to pick it apart, that would be far too easy if I just wanted to be an ass.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

JoeX has made many folks happy with the free designs.

That's the key right there isn't it. Plenty of people wouldn't take the time or expend the energy to design an enclosure, especially some of the one's I've seen him cook up that are designed with some fairly strict constraints, for FREE. Sounds to me like he's doing these guys a service.

If someone else, anyone else, thinks they can best his designs, I say you're welcome to do your own and post it up and let the asker pick between the two. Otherwise, it just sounds like armchair quarterbacking.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I thought picking apart and technical discussion is what we do here

Posted

I thought picking apart and technical discussion is what we do here

Like I said, if anyone else wants to step up and design other guy's boxes for free, have at it. I just think it's a little in poor taste to take his work and crap all over it, but not go through the effort to post an alternative.

You notice I'm not chomping at the bit to design a free enclosure for every guy that shows up asking. I'm not crapping all over anyone else's design when they do the work to offer it up free of charge.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I'm just saying there are ways of adding information to a box design thread instead of just saying it will be inefficient. You dont have to redo the design, a simple "you need to add more port to that box" or "based on the amp the user is gonna use, try shrinking the box a little". I have just seen some comments that looked more negative than positive or helpful.

Yes, many of these people wanting a free box design need to use information provided on this forum and many other sites to learn how box design is done.

And no hugh G rection, it wasn't directly pointed at you only. there have been a couple people making negative statements on JoeX's designs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4297 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...