9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor

youbhave to be an asshole tongive a 9 yr old a full auto and a full mag. there is no place for that when the shooter csnt handle the firearm effectively. there is no place for a new shooter and full auto either

100% agree! I was shooting at like 6 with my dad and brothers, they were marines so I grew up shooting, and hunting, but no way in hell they would of let me shoot a full auto at 9! I had a lil .22lr and at 11 I got a lil 410 shotgun to go bird hunting, I think I was about 13/14 the first time I shot a full auto, no way appropriate for a inexperienced 9 year old shooter to shoot a full auto. The instructor did seem a lil too close to her front/side. Sad situation all around, condolences to all involved.

i'm from straya.....check our our gun laws. imo no child should be able to get to a gun until they are 18.

I feel this needs to be adjusted for what type of gun, rifle/handgun and the caliber. There is nothing wrong with a .22 with proper gun safety/responsible adult supervision. I guess it just depends how each person is raised.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I wouldn't put any weight or notice to SIDE SHOW, as any of you should already know Australia has fucking retarded laws.

Just look up their knife laws alone, basically depending where you live you have to have a legitimate reason like it's required for your job or if you're a fisherman you can carry it while you're fishing, otherwise a knife is considered a "regulated weapon" and you're not allowed to have one on you outside of your home.

I'm not even going to get into their gun laws, but let me put it this way. I would much rather live in Kommiefornia than have to live in AUS with regards to gun laws.

When i first saw/heard about this, my head did go right to

"man, that seems like a LOT of firearm, for that age" .....

But, where i grew up, and my family,.... we also shot at a VERY young age. Its just what we did.....

Bad, bad deal.....

My understanding is that instructors are taught to be right NEXT to those being schooled/taught. The NRA said this instructor was NOT NRA certified. Whatever that means.

Anyway, id imagine she will have visions of that day in her head/sleep for the rest of her life.

Sad deal.......

Any instructor I've had was NOT right next to me, they were usually to the side and BEHIND, like at my 4:30 or 7:30.

I heard that from the report that i saw the story first break. I may have heard wrong. :shrug:

Whatever,.. its a shame.

I wasn't going to post anything of substance in this thread but after reading the direction it's going I felt compelled to set it straight. I got home at 6:45am and woke up at 7:50 to take my kids to school. at 8:00 while at a stop light I read something posted and felt to write in my opinion what is an end all be all post here. It's now 8:31, so let me begin.

FACTS:

the child's age: IRELAVENT, the age of anyone doesn't dictate the maturity level nor mental capacity that they have. Yes in general it is a good indicator but by no means is the only deciding factor. there are many children throughout the world that at this age exhibit abilities that we see as beyond their years. I'm not saying that's the case here, but again do not use age as the only criteria for ones ability to do something.

The firearm type: IRELAVENT, the item that caused the tragedy could have been one of many. it is unfortunate though that it happened with one of the most controversial in this country. Many people, including children do hundreds of thousands of things daily that can result in the loss of life. In addition to that, many of those things are brought upon the children by the parents. For example, down south I witness a father teaching their 10 year old to drive a pick up truck on a public road in the middle of the day. is that safe? Any more dangerous than what we just saw? many will focus on the fact that it was a firearm, don't care if it was a full auto 50bmg or a single shot .22. What I'm saying here is think outside of the box and realize how many times "children" as defined by age, are put into dangerous situations by the people who are suppose to protect them.

the location: a tourist spot named of all things Burgers and Bullets. This alone I could write about for days

The people: TOURSIST visiting, not students wanting to learn, not people wanting to grow in marksmanship, people wanting a quick thrill and willing to pay for it

Now my commentary:

if you agree with it pass it along, make it viral. the truth is this clear and as a 2nd amendment proponent, gun owner and responsible citizen I have no problem saying it. Now here it is...

The combination of money vs. sense was the culprit here, plain and simple. As a business I feel that providing a service with a high profit margin trumped common sense and basic safety. People came to a place willing to pay a fee for a "rush" a "different experience" something "cool to tell people they dis" and were lured into a sense of false safety because they were paying a fee to a group of individuals who called them selves professionals. The term instructor has been used to describe the person giving instructions. there is a difference between the two.

in·struc·tor noun \in-ˈstrək-tər\

: a person who teaches a subject or skill : someone who instructs people

we then have to define teach

teach verb \ˈtēch\

: to cause or help (someone) to learn about a subject by giving lessons

: to give lessons about (a particular subject) to a person or group

: to cause or help (a person or animal) to learn how to do something by giving lessons, showing how it is done, etc.

You see, an INSTRUCTOR is someone who teaches. And to teach means to give LESSONS, plural. There were no lessons being taught here. there were merely instructions being given in order to fulfill a contract. And that contract was that this family would pay a fee to shoot a particular weapon. On one day, at one time, never to return again. And that disregard for basic safety was trumped by money. Why? Because, because you cant make more money unless you get these people off the firing line and the next ones on. And how to you do that, simple... by giving INTRUSCTIONS, not LESSONS. One round in semi auto mode is not enough teaching to make someone able to go to full auto. It's just enough to insure that they know the basic operation of what is needed in order to fulfill the contract and collect the fee.

Shame on the establishment for attempting to sell a false sense of security. Shame on them for attempting sell a skill that takes more than 5 minutes of instruction to become proficient enough in to participate in safely. And shame on the parents for thinking that the ability to write a check or swipe their credit card for this experience made it right. the only victim here is the child, because two separate sets of ADULTS failed her.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

END THREAD

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived