Can someone explain?

Can someone for fucks sake explain to me the notion of having to hit 150? What is so magical about this number? When most say they want to do a 150, which 150 are they talking about? The 150 now is about a 153 a few years ago and 155 a few years after that.. So should one be saying they want to do 155's? I have no clue how the magical number of 150 was established as the magical number. Why not 160 as the magical number or 155?

What about a few years from now when the 150's will be more like 148's?

I wish people would just build for them and the number focus would disappear. Competing is fun don't get me wrong but i have seen time and time again when people start the number chasing game their fun and enjoyment of the sport goes down the drain.

I have lost plenty of times in the lanes.. from being drunk to loosing on purpose in helps of promoting the sport. Does nothing when you smash a new comer by 7db and its their first time.. Id rather loose or try to tie their score as close as I can.. Then go over to help that person.

Most these days do even want to do the fucking work. The believe in buying the equipment and that the name based on the equipment will get you there. Most these days believe that everything should be handed to them.. designs given, tips given.

Do the work.. find those same tricks and what worked as we did. You will enjoy the sport and your system that much more.

ok /end rant

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Lotta good folks have walked away from this because of too much bs, too much dick grabbing.

As tired as I get of it it always has & always will be for the love of MUSIC.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

150 seems to be a benchmark people set for themselves. Not real sure why when I have heard systems louder to the ear that are NOT doing 150's than systems that were breaking that "benchmark". I agree when people start chasing numbers it can lose its fun and become more of a job than a hobby that you love.

Just saying not saying this is the answer .Years ago in the early 90's an on' the 150db was the magical number for people to reach.. That's me on that thought. But I think Car audio should be about fun. There's always someone that's going to be bigger an better and smarter with more money in this game of Car audio.

youre dead on. the 150 isnt the magic number.it used to be almost impissible to break a 150 from a trunk. now? but remember its all abiut hair tricking and flex now. id rather have someone chase a number than say look how loud I am on YouTube because I move sone hair.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I just want 33hz and orgasms... Is that too much to ask for? Bitches love 33hz

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

:peepwall:

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

same here. Fuck a meter. I don't drive down the street burping at 50hz full tilt. Im listening to music, therefore I build for that.

I wouldn't give a damn if I metered my setup and that shit said I was hitting 110db. Aslong as it sounds good to ME, that's all that matters.

What's even more appalling is when people clown you when you don't do a given db. TF?

same here. Fuck a meter. I don't drive down the street burping at 50hz full tilt. Im listening to music, therefore I build for that.

I wouldn't give a damn if I metered my setup and that shit said I was hitting 110db. Aslong as it sounds good to ME, that's all that matters.

What's even more appalling is when people clown you when you don't do a given db. TF?

That's why #1-I don't go to competitions and #2-No clue as to what mine hits. I traded cars with a guy for few weeks. People heard mine, heard his. Their response? "He has more bass, that's a given. But, yours sounds a lot better". I didn't get what I have in order to be loud. I got what I got in order to sound good. I want it loud, yeah, as that's why I have aftermarket. But that's.... loud to the ear. What it meters? I couldn't care less. 95db? Suhweet. 120? Cool beans. 140? Sounds like a bitchin time.

Sheena = pedobear

I agree 100% as long as it sounds the best it possibly can to you, nothing else matters in a daily set-up

L

Archived