new components

Skax

amps were set with dd1 just confused how it was to much power with tweet being 50rms and mid 100 being on same channel thought they shared the power.

How can they share the same power when they operate at different frequencies ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

didn't think about that just thought that since the mid and tweet both go to crossover then the amp goes to crossover it would distribute the power if you get what im saying lol , this was my first time running passive xovers stil don't see what I did wrong unless simply overpowered is the only thing I can think

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

I've had the cz components for 1 1/2 now they sound great. But replaced my front tweeters with rts-1 crescendo tweets. But hey if you want I got two extra crescendo tweets from the cz component set if you want them:)

haha i went ahead and ordered some ft1's should be here this week

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Are you going to try to run active with the ft-1's? because the crossovers that came with the cz components don't have the same crossover frequency/slope as the one you need for the ft-1's.

just noticed where Kyle runs his ft-1's lower than what the passive crossover for them is rated for. Would the crossover that came with the components work for them? just throwing in my .02

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Really no idea how they cooked and idk how I would run them active on a 2 channel for mids and highs ?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Tweets are the most sensitive part of a system, that's why so many passive crossovers have a -3db option for the tweets. OP sent a full 125wrms to a 100wrms set of speakers and lost the gamble.

Either use the -3db output of the passive crossover (if your model has one) or turn the gain down a little.

SOOOO how did the tweeters die? did I miss something? befor you put new tweeters in i'd suggest you find out how you killed the old tweets in 2 hours. don't wanna see you cook another set of tweets

Agreed. I think over powering. same thing happened to me because I am noob apparently.

FT-1's are supposed to be crossed at 5k........because super tweet

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

SOOOO how did the tweeters die? did I miss something? befor you put new tweeters in i'd suggest you find out how you killed the old tweets in 2 hours. don't wanna see you cook another set of tweets

Agreed. I think over powering. same thing happened to me because I am noob apparently.

FT-1's are supposed to be crossed at 5k........because super tweet

Well I already ordered the ft1 how should I go about running them then ?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Archived