Amount of speaker wire needed

Okay i am going to use 8awg knu concepts or sky high speaker wire.

i am not sure of how much to order, i need to run from the trunk to the front 2 doors and also from the trunk to the rear deck 6x9's. car is not here its in paint at the moment and wont be back for a bout 7 or so days. i dont want to go to the junk yard and start measuring out because its raining pretty good.

any GP owners or installers remember how much wire it took from the trunk to the front doors on their cars/customers installs?

i was thinking 20' for each door from the trunk to the doors (40'ft total)

imma use the top notch wire from either company so over shooting can get expensive, and under shooting well,,,, in my opinion theres nothing like scrapping 18 feet of wire cuzz your 2 feet short. and i dont feel like it would be 100% solid signal transfer if i had to but connector up any extra length if i was too short. id rather just have one long run.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i needs me some wire.

same thing I was thinking lol I used skyhigh 12ga for my mids n highs

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

8AWG is way too much for speakers. Go with 12ga at most for regular mids/highs, 8ga at most for subs (unless you're running a very large amount of power). That will save some money. Since you're also worried about ordering too much, wouldn't it make sense to measure your car and order what you need instead of asking someone else who doesn't know how you plan on routing the wire? Just sayin.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I used 100' total with 2 runs to each door. Extra is always better, there's nothing worse than finding out your 2 feet short on those runs lol.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

i used every bit of 50' for my cz 6.5 comp set in a 2003 mustang id do 100' better to be safe then sorry you will eventually use it lol

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Archived