Sundown Audio

New SUNDOWN amps - CAPPED monsters.

Kyle... You're a b!tch. When you said capped amps.. I thought you meant an amp/supercap combo all in one

• Like (+1 Rep) 6

I drooled and had to clean it up

Edited by SnowDrifter
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

So they are doing a new full line of 12v effecient as class d bass amps? That I guess from the name have more caps then usual?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Correct. Its just in the name..

but, a 12v model, with have different bundles inside.

My 10k had different bundles, that didnt like 16v or so. But, made better output, lower.

You ever seen dyno results of a 10k vs a 9k at normal levels? Thing walks on it. Now, you go higher, the 9 will smash it. But, i dont.

Sooooo, im always down for 12v monsters. I was told last may sundown was coming out with 12v models.

Here we go...

Edited by KyLar96

Info on the CAPPED voltage amps please.

anything and everything

(and yes ive seen the SSA goods and such,... id like more pics and more info please)

Sent these off to someone to Dyno them for us -- at some point we'll have our own Dyno to do all sorts of more specific testing but this is what I have right now. Obviously the Dyno figures @ 1% are alot lower than what you see with a clamp test -- but all amps are on par or above par.

We will also do some of our own clamp testing down the line that is easier to compare to older results from prior models since Dyno cannot be directly compared to clamp results.

SCV-1500D :

SCV-1500D@1ohm.jpg

SCV-1500D@2ohm.jpg

SCV-1500D@4ohm.jpg

SCV-2000D:

SCV-2000D@1ohm.jpg

SCV-2000D@2ohm.jpg

SCV-2000D@4ohm.jpg

SCV-3000D:

SCV-3000D@1ohm.jpg

SCV-3000D@2ohm.jpg

SCV-3000D@4ohm.jpg

SCV-4000D:

SCV-4000D@1ohm.jpg

SCV-4000D@2ohm.jpg

SCV-4000D@4ohm.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Each model costs less per watt on 12v than prior models.

As our overall business has shifted more towards sales via B&M shops an increasingly smaller percentage of customers need high voltage stability. In the previous generation even the SAZ-1200D was stable to 19v -- it's been cut down to 15.5v on all SCV models; also the SAX-150.4 is capped at 15.5v where the 125.4 model ran to 19v as well.

This, again, allows more wattage per dollar and per size than previous generation models.

The NS-1 is also on it's last production cycle along with the SAZ-5000D; we will introduce and SCV-6000D in place of those two models. Dyno results and clamps tests forthcoming on that one as well.

We may consider a large "NS" model amplifier again down the line but we have currently shifted all amplifier models to more dealer friendly 12v versions.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

I hope to see some customer feedback rolling in soon... sales have been strong -- the first run of 3000s is almost sold out already with a much stronger than anticipated demand on those especially; therefore, I expect them to sell out well before we get more in stock.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg