Ebayers BEWARE PINNED post??

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if this site could use a pinned section with a "running list" of Ebayer sellers and buyers that try to scan you when dealing with car audio purchases.

Since getting back into car audio last year, some ebayer sellers, wanting to move their product do not disclose all the info when buying an item. You do not find out til you get it in your hands.

Case in point:

**4 Gauge wire Feb, 2014

Me: "What brand is the wire?"

Seller: "Don't know off hand"

I get the box, it's light, CCA and it's Q-power. lol. Sent it back and received a refund.

**Sold a RF 600.2 May, 2014

Seller:"Hey man, I installed the amp, and the amp only works on 1 channel"

Me:"Why are you contacting me 1 month after the sale and who did the install?"

Seller:"I had it in my closet on the shelf for a few wks, and I had a shop do the install"

Me:"send me the amp, plus receipt for install and I will do a refund"

Seller sent the amp back, but no receipt. Funny how he went from "I" to " shop did the install".

Me:"where is the receipt?"

Seller: "They only keep their receipts for a month and they throw the receipts away. I can not get

an other invoice". (Don't business' keep receipt/records for 2 yrs on file, something like that?)

Now if he had the amp on the shelf for a few wks, than did the install, the shop should have still had the receipt.

Or did he have it done 1 month ago, and than put it on the shelf. He stumbled over his words and showed he was a liar.

Seller:"I sent the amp back, and I really need a refund, something came up and I need the money".

He finally after repeated requests, provided the number of said shop. I spoke w/ the owner,

"No we did not do a RF amp install in the last few wks".

**Bought a set of Eclipse 8062 Aug, 2014

Driver arrived with a broken edge,a cast aluminum spoke broken, AND magnet shifted. The piece that broke off the

spoke WAS NOT IN THE BOX. That meant the driver was dropped prior to packing. It did not look like the pics in the auction (anymore)

Sent the seller a message, I was allowed to return the components....but no refund as of yet! Paypal protection case pending.

Unfortunately, I had to reboot my phone so I do not have all the pics of the damaged driver. The pics are in the case file currently.

**Bought Mids and X-overs Rockford Fosgate T2652-S Sep't 2014

Packed nicely. Arrived with yet another damaged edge, but the plastic that sits on the edge was perfectly intact. (?) Magnet was not shifted. The drivers were in a box......that was inside another box. Perfectly square boxes. No obvious damage noted. To me the speaker was pride off a screw. The plastic would have cracked or turned white from the stress, due to such an extreme angle of the metal just under neath it.

IMAG0061_zpsd032ad2c.jpg

IMAG0065_zps36661314.jpg

Seller was contacted, but not through Paypal protection, just messaging. He stated it must have happened in shipping. And he will be happy to help process the case for me if I provide pics. He said "The plastic is fairly resilient and can take abuse". I feel ABS plastic has it's limits.

He sent me pics of the back of the speakers. Sorry I could not download off ebay. So here is a pic. NO TIME STAMP, This pic could have been taken before he installed them initially. Who knows. The black pointer shows the area that is now bent in the above pics.

IMAG0088-1_zps93f52edf.jpg

I messaged him back "I was able to bent the edge back, and the speakers sound phenomenal! I am going to keep them for the price that I paid. But I did not like his non-disclosure. But I am on the fence as to what I will do about feedback".

Anyway, The more I shop on Ebay, the more I expose myself to dishonest people.

I sell on Ebay, and to be a good seller with 100% feedback....

went from taking pics of all angles,

to now adding Ohm readings for subs,

to now video taping the amps and speakers WORKING before I pack and ship

to now taking pics of inside the packaging as I ship it out!

to now, as a buyer I have to video tape the opening of a package to show that I did not drop it, and to show that the box was not damaged!?!?

It's getting alittle ridiculous the CYA that is involved. So is this a plausible pinned thread?

-Frank

P.S. Regarding the last case, is it plausible that the metal can bend but not the plastic?

Thanks for your time!

Isn't this what the feedback section is for?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I though Feedback section was for SMD transactions

never the less with everything the OP stated he neglected to post the names of the sellers / Buyers.

however you can never have enough ass protection so everything you are doing when selling is a good thing.

yes, I did not post the names, but I can. The feedback section on Ebay protects the seller so some extent. You have removal petition.

I just want to know if we can have a "use caution with "XXX" seller. "he's a liar" his products are broken", "his packing is HORRIBLE".

etc.

-Frank

I though Feedback section was for SMD transactions

No, i meant eBay's feedback "module" lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

yes, I did not post the names, but I can. The feedback section on Ebay protects the seller so some extent. You have removal petition.

I just want to know if we can have a "use caution with "XXX" seller. "he's a liar" his products are broken", "his packing is HORRIBLE".

etc.

-Frank

Post the names then. Whats the fucking point if you don't?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived