Okay guys so I have a 1994 GMC Yukon two door. The vehicle is in pretty rough shape paint wise. This winter when I get home from college I plan on removing the roof rack. It just bolts to the roof and I am going to weld up the holes and body work them up nice. The paint on the top of the roof is pretty bad and the clear is peeling, so I just plan on going ahead and body working the whole roof while I am at it.

Because I am by no means a painter one idea that popped into my head was to just spray the roof in bedliner. If I do I plan on using raptor liner and applying it over a well prepped and primered roof. It just seems easy and very cost efficient. In the near future I also plan on lifting the vehicle 6-8 inches, so the roof will not be just a very visible thing. Other pros would be that it would be resistant to the elements, it would add mass to the roof and reduce flex, and I would't have to worry about the clear on the roof peeling anymore.

So what do you guys think, any opinions welcome on the idea or the type of bedliner or anything. Also if any of you have any pics of vehicles with just the roof bedlined please post them up. I have looked around on the internet and the majority that I find are the entire vehicle which I do not plan to do.

If you compete (in MECA) it puts you in extreme I believe.

Also, Ray with the Tahoe (forgot his user name) actually gained by taking the liner off of his roof.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Archived