Second Skin Audio

SoundQubed, how much of a difference?

redwolf2

Have you done papers proving that the smallest step in variable sound pressure takes around 2.5 dB variance to hear a single tone or 3 dB for complex wave formations?

Doubling power is at best a 3dB increase.

You will notice nothing.

You will hear a difference between a well designed amplifier and a poorly designed amplifier, but based purely off of an increase in power, no you will not.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

You also said "91 dB per watt" almost all testing for this "parameter" are done at 2.86V instead of an actual watt as finding a frequency and enclosure that allow you to get only a watt through it will not be the same at another 1 watt frequency.

You also don't get 91 dB per watt, because I'm fairly certain at 2 watts you aren't at 182 dB..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I went from an AQ3500 to a BC5500 (a 1500 watt RMS difference in amplifier power) and it made a very nice audible difference.

Based on recent personal experience I say it will make a difference especially going from heavily underpowering to a nice chunk of power. As long as electrical is up for it, you will hear a difference.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I bet you will notice a ton.

I went from 2k Watts on a Sundown Z v.3 12 to 3.5k watts and it sounded a TON louder and i gained 2.0 DB'S on the meter.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

You can also go from a hard clip to no clipping and sound much louder, but the RMS wattage of the wave has taking a hit to the balls.

You might notice a little, but I'm willing to bet a lot will be psychosomatic.

And yeah, I bet it's also 91dB 2.83V/1m, not 91dB 1W/1m.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

The hds315a is pretty efficient. 91.5 1W/1m. What im saying is if he is getting roughly 700rms +/- on music,we will definetly hear a difference on 1500rms music. In my case,going from 4k to 8k,there is minimal difference and i cant actually hear the difference,its mostly the termlab and flexing that gives it away. Going from loud to retarded loud yes its hard to hear. Going from underpowered to properly powered,bet yourself you will hear a difference.

No

Archived