New Boiler Install in my house

I finished installing a new heating system in my house. The old system was the original 1980 super inefficient boiler with a tankless coil for domestic hot water. It was overdue for an upgrade. I installed a new Viessmann boiler with a 40 gallon storage tank for hot water. This should save me $300-500 a year in oil. All piped up nice and clean, I set it up so I can easily work on it. Ball valves everywhere so I can isolate any part of the system. Here's a before and after. So here is it what do you think?

1411565061.jpg

1411565085.jpg

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Hell of a clean install man! Is your car audio work that tidy? lol

Ehhhhh I wish haha. My HVAC and Plumbing skills are much better than my audio skills. This is why I'm and Hvac guy and not a professional audio guy. My audio work is somewhat clean but nothing special, I can get it done but compared to most people on here I'm a couple steps behind.

Next up will be before and after pics of my master bathroom renovation. I have been working on the bathroom for a few weeks and I'm hoping to wrap that up by this weekend or early next week.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

If my dad saw this he would trip, their system is pretty damn old and should probably be replaced by now but they just keep fixing it.

Most people do, Its a big expense up front. Much easier for me because I was able to do it for cost of materials and even then it wasn't cheap. But being that this is what I do for a living I know that it will be well worth the investment.

I also think that every install should be done this way. You pay a lot of money for the mechanical aspects of your house. It should not just function but it should look good too. As I mentioned before, Having the system laid out this way makes it very easy to service any part of the system whether it be for routine maintenance or should something need to be repaired or replaced.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

thats pretty damn sweet to look at. all that copper

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

^ my thoughts as well

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Had 2 /2000000 btu boilers removed and 6 on demand units installed now the on demands cannot keep up. Poor engineering.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Thanks, theres a lot to be said about taking the extra few minutes to plan out each pipes route and throw a level on all of them so they are evenly spaced out and straight.

Had 2 /2000000 btu boilers removed and 6 on demand units installed now the on demands cannot keep up. Poor engineering.

Poor engineering drives me crazy. I work at a private boarding highschool in the plumbing and hvac department and we have had some major engineering "uh ohs". The entire campus was converted from oil to natural gas last spring/summer and projects that large need to be engineered and they bring in unions to do the work because there is no way our 3 man department could handle 30+ large commercial installs in a few months. We saw what they were putting in and argued that this isn't enough BTU's for this building many times. The contractors and engineers shooed us away with the mentality "what do you guys know, you're just in house Hvac guys". So when winter came around and we couldn't heat a few buildings above 55 degrees we had a few of those great "I told you so moments" and turns out they were undersized by 1-3 million BTUs. NOT EVEN CLOSE! It's all resolved now but we had a few rough weeks last winter. Some engineers just don't get it.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Thanks, theres a lot to be said about taking the extra few minutes to plan out each pipes route and throw a level on all of them so they are evenly spaced out and straight.

Poor engineering drives me crazy. I work at a private boarding highschool in the plumbing and hvac department and we have had some major engineering "uh ohs". The entire campus was converted from oil to natural gas last spring/summer and projects that large need to be engineered and they bring in unions to do the work because there is no way our 3 man department could handle 30+ large commercial installs in a few months. We saw what they were putting in and argued that this isn't enough BTU's for this building many times. The contractors and engineers shooed us away with the mentality "what do you guys know, you're just in house Hvac guys". So when winter came around and we couldn't heat a few buildings above 55 degrees we had a few of those great "I told you so moments" and turns out they were undersized by 1-3 million BTUs. NOT EVEN CLOSE! It's all resolved now but we had a few rough weeks last winter. Some engineers just don't get it.

The system here was to do 306 rooms at Hilton Hotel. You take out 2000000 and replace it with 1200000 we are short 800000 btu's.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12