GSanders17 Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 My singer charges at 15.1 when the motor is cold but settles to about 14.8 when its warm. Averages 14.5-14.9 while im driving, depends on loads.
gckless Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 I'm at 15.2V when it's cold, 14.6-8 when it's warm. Haven't noticed anything wrong yet after about a year and a half of daily driving. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
poorfish88 Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 I charge at 14.9 and that's on the higher end of 12v systems, I personally wouldn't like charging that high if I could help it Are you going by the smd vm1 to get that voltage reading? If so have you double checked it to a dmm?
Kyblack76 Posted September 25, 2014 Report Posted September 25, 2014 I charge at 14.9 and that's on the higher end of 12v systems, I personally wouldn't like charging that high if I could help it Are you going by the smd vm1 to get that voltage reading? If so have you double checked it to a dmm? yes he is......... and yes he has...... why would you ask? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
poorfish88 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 I charge at 14.9 and that's on the higher end of 12v systems, I personally wouldn't like charging that high if I could help it Are you going by the smd vm1 to get that voltage reading? If so have you double checked it to a dmm? yes he is......... and yes he has...... why would you ask? Because 20 or so were sent out with an extra diode in them, that made them read high, I got one of the lucky ones, shit a thought my voltage reg was going out cause mine was reading cazy high 15.2 hot to 15.6 cold from an alt that never had output over 14.2 cold and stayed about 13.8 warm. Anyways Oldsoundguy sent me the pics of the extra diode, and Steve said I could send it in to him or I could do it myself he'd warranty it, if i fucked it up. it takes longer to heat up the solder gun than to remove the extra diode. But he's got the Honda Eld voltage fix?
pioneerforlife Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 I personally wouldn't charge that high daily. I wouldn't go over 14.8. that's just me though Edit: if that's how your car charges normally (stock) then I would just leave it. if you have a voltage regulator I would keep it lower. 2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback Pioneer HU 4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar. 2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts) Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon) Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400 Sky High and KNU wiring 3 Banks of Maxwell caps Winston Lithium (not a fan) Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log Instagram @p4linnovation YouTube: Team Blowin Loud
Leo1103 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 I charge at 14.9 and that's on the higher end of 12v systems, I personally wouldn't like charging that high if I could help itAre you going by the smd vm1 to get that voltage reading? If so have you double checked it to a dmm? yes he is.........and yes he has...... why would you ask? Because 20 or so were sent out with an extra diode in them, that made them read high, I got one of the lucky ones, shit a thought my voltage reg wasgoing out cause mine was reading cazy high 15.2 hot to 15.6 cold from an alt that never had output over 14.2 cold and stayed about 13.8 warm. Anyways Oldsoundguy sent me the pics of the extra diode, and Steve said I could send it in to him or I could do it myself he'd warranty it, if i fucked it up. it takes longer to heat up the solder gun than to remove the extra diode. But he's got the Honda Eld voltage fix? at the alt I get 14.89, on the 5k I get 14.9 as well. Eld bypass did nothing for me, I had singer put a gm regulator on the alt and make me a wiring harness that would let me keep the stock plug. Used to charge at 12.8 before lol, now its 14.88 to 14.63 depending on how mmuch I beat on it. 2002 Honda CR-VAlpine 9887My BuildRebuilding... Second Skin Damp 4 DC XL 15's 2 DC 5ks Singer 320 amp 6 cap banksSky High wire 2 VM-1's OM-1 all under window line Team DC Audio Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way. I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.
poorfish88 Posted September 26, 2014 Report Posted September 26, 2014 Nice electicial, setup. I'm stuck with 200 max 170 alt limit, dam v belt fml btw. When I saw the volts u were getting, from your vm1. I thought maybe u had bad ones ,also. But after kylar96, post, I looked at your sig saw newer Honda, some kind of eld fixing,. My phone likes to change my words and ,,,, .... everywhere BASS ON!
SLYentist Posted September 27, 2014 Report Posted September 27, 2014 The ECU is the only thing i'd be worried about. most switches and starter motors can run up to and above 15.5V Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.