My First Encounter With "my System Is Better Than Urs"

yeh i remember when i was chilling in front of the 7-11 store waiting on my wife to come back out. this guy pulls up in this lil mazda banging pretty hard. now my sounds were on low and i could no longer hear what i was playing so i had to let him have it and sure enough he looked around only to see me right next to him. i let'em know what i had and that i only cut it up slightly but he didn't want any.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

oooooh are we telling stories? i got one from last night. i pull into a gas station, and this high school kid is like hey honk your horn (i have a train horn). so i do. then they come talk to me and see my box and are like HOLY SHIT. so i humor em and turn it on and they get all giddy about it. it was all pretty funny. and the kid was like 'my setup pounds but DAMN not as hard as yours' so i eventually went over to see what he had...and it was 2 duals and an xplod amp in a prefab box :lol: he turned it on and only one was playin, tried figuring out why the other one wasnt, and said it must be cuz of a fuse, which...would mean both wouldnt play. unless you have a fuse from your amp to your subs which is just weird lol. asked if it was a common chamber box...and i got a blank look lol. then he started bragging about a flip out he has (which isnt installed) and was like 'hey for 700 it's yours' like it was a big step up for me. couldnt help it...but was like 'HA no...' told him the one i was gonna get and he had another blank face. it was pretty funny i tell ya what...

best story i have is this kid from our "rival" shop (first shop i worked at, dont work there anymore) back in my home town had 2 eclipse titaniums off an eclipse cyclops in ported box...loud, very loud, but he thinks he has the most ultimate bad ass shit, and thinks he is the loudest in town.

well we have a little competition in our parkin lot (pretty big deal brought out the mic with the big display, had like 30 cars enter, had a big tent sale all that stuff) and of course he enters....

he rolls up, burps a 145 (this is all with an AC mic) or so, not bad, but blames it on his shitty electrical system, but still thinks he's tuff.

well we enter our 2 cars (one is a supra with 2 W6 12's sealed off of a 1000/1, one is a 4 runner with a 13W7 ported off of a 1000/1) and the supra did a 146.7 and the 4 runner did a 148.5...needless to day he didnt talk as much shit after that.

he rolls up, burps a 145 (this is all with an AC mic) or so, not bad, but blames it on his shitty electrical system, but still thinks he's tuff.

well we enter our 2 cars (one is a supra with 2 W6 12's sealed off of a 1000/1, one is a 4 runner with a 13W7 ported off of a 1000/1) and the supra did a 146.7 and the 4 runner did a 148.5...needless to day he didnt talk as much shit after that.

i would meter again on a tl to be offical..the person running the mic could have turned up the sensitivity or whatever its called on the AC to increase the DB level on your cars runs

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

oooooh are we telling stories? i got one from last night. i pull into a gas station, and this high school kid is like hey honk your horn (i have a train horn). so i do. then they come talk to me and see my box and are like HOLY SHIT. so i humor em and turn it on and they get all giddy about it. it was all pretty funny. and the kid was like 'my setup pounds but DAMN not as hard as yours' so i eventually went over to see what he had...and it was 2 duals and an xplod amp in a prefab box :lol: he turned it on and only one was playin, tried figuring out why the other one wasnt, and said it must be cuz of a fuse, which...would mean both wouldnt play. unless you have a fuse from your amp to your subs which is just weird lol. asked if it was a common chamber box...and i got a blank look lol. then he started bragging about a flip out he has (which isnt installed) and was like 'hey for 700 it's yours' like it was a big step up for me. couldnt help it...but was like 'HA no...' told him the one i was gonna get and he had another blank face. it was pretty funny i tell ya what...

your system is pretty weak tho i wouldnt be surprised if that single dual sub showed you up. :)

ok so after league tonite i was sittin in the parkin lot wit my friend and we have the music at a decent volume

this suv drives by and i hear some good lows comin from it so im like aight lets play

i turned the system on play a little jeezy. i get there attention. course i had the trunk facing them and most of wut they heard was rattle but w/e

i go over to the guy cause they say his system is badd. i stick my head in and take a listen. at best it was meh. i wanted him to make it loud but he said he was scared to turn it up louder. i laughed and walked away.

so this kid who was hyping the guys (suv) system comes over and talks to us. hes tellin me about his $150 jvc head unit with the built in amplifier that could prolly push my subs as hard if not harder than wut they are bein pushed by now. he also says somethin about sony and VR3 so at that point im like ur talkin out ur ass (none of the guys sit in my car or see wuts in it for safety reasons)

then another one of the kids friends pulls up in a beat up old caddy. no muffler loud as hell but sounds horrible. he opens his trunk and turns up his system. that kid again yells to me and tells me to come over. i do. He says this is a real system wut i see... 2 prefab sealed boxes. 4 twelves. 2 old old school kickers and 2 mtx jackhammers (the new horrible ones). a jl audio amp for the kickers and a pioneer 760 watt (walmart) for the mtx's. i take a listen and humor him. distortion city. i laughed and left

poor guys just dont know

I'm going to call b.s. on this one. There is no "old jackhammer" :rolleyes: ... I'm pretty sure that his 2 "jackhammers" would take anyone's system within 10 miles of where you were. :(

Are you making this story up?

New project in the works ;)

uhm no hes not

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-JackHam...roductDetail.do

thats the new jackhammer...

ooooooooooo high 250rms power handling....i might need to switch from my HDC3 to this so i can atleast break a 120

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

I'm going to call b.s. on this one. There is no "old jackhammer" :rolleyes: ... I'm pretty sure that his 2 "jackhammers" would take anyone's system within 10 miles of where you were. :(

Are you making this story up?

lol ur funny

in saying this u obviously arent as inept in car audio as u think u r

lol

i dont lie about car audio :)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

did anyone ready the "user review" on that jackhammer?? if not i took to liberty to copy paste it here

"sickkkkkkk!!!!

Review posted on Feb 10, 2008

9 out of 10 found this review helpful

these r sick my friend could hear me from 2 blocks away i put 2 of these in and everything in my car shake nd my lights dim everytime they hit for the cost they are great i really recomend these"

i lol'ed at that .... 2 blocks away and he's so proud of the dimming lights!!!

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

Archived