Things you hate when giving/getting a demo?

Where I live, not many people have no idea what DC audio is. So when I give demos they ask what subs I have and I tell them "2 DC auido level 6 12s" they are always just like "oh" in dissapointment. I am sorry I don't run kicker and my 2 12s are louder then your 4 15s.

lol i've had people tell me "i didnt know DC (the shoe company) made subs!"

Where I live, not many people have no idea what DC audio is. So when I give demos they ask what subs I have and I tell them "2 DC auido level 6 12s" they are always just like "oh" in dissapointment. I am sorry I don't run kicker and my 2 12s are louder then your 4 15s.

lol i've had people tell me "i didnt know DC (the shoe company) made subs!"

:rofl:

Not just relating to demo'd, but I hate guys that bag on your equipment. Everyone has their own opinion, but at least be polite and don't make the guy feel like shit about it.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

• 1 month later...

This is a new one for me.

We started putting my dash back together and I gave someone a demo yesterday and now I got finger prints on my dash

Now I'm gonna be that asshole that asks everyone to keep their hands to themselves so my dash stays clean at shows

#FML

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I hate when i give a demo and get too excited with the bass knob and bottom out the subs lol scares people and i just give a meh look and keep going lol

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

just all around being polite and courteous! we spend A LOT OF TIME, MONEY, AND ENERGY in to these builds. I'm not the loudest by far, and I'm not the quietist...but I am respectful to

all. The competiveness can really bring the beast out of people.(haters will always be around)..but it can be inspiring too! :drink40: in my personal opinion, if you're not out to have a good

time, meet new people, learn new things,...then why even come out? :shrug:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

When I am used to my setup so I do what it takes to make it as loud as possible for demo's (clean) and yet when i give the demo I hope like hell they thought it was loud since it doesn't seem loud to me anymore. Normally the people I show either aren't bassheads or they aren't as loud so it's always a good demo but still. (I don't give many demo's, lol) I know they think it's holy ballz loud but I always anticipate that first reaction and comment so bad and hope they don't try to act tuff like "it's ok" because for what it is it does sound loud.

I always start with "it's just a simple two sub set up so don't expect much" and I'm not lying because it is but read description for my set up.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

When I am used to my setup so I do what it takes to make it as loud as possible for demo's (clean) and yet when i give the demo I hope like hell they thought it was loud since it doesn't seem loud to me anymore. Normally the people I show either aren't bassheads or they aren't as loud so it's always a good demo but still. (I don't give many demo's, lol) I know they think it's holy ballz loud but I always anticipate that first reaction and comment so bad and hope they don't try to act tuff like "it's ok" because for what it is it does sound loud.

I always start with "it's just a simple two sub set up so don't expect much" and I'm not lying because it is but read description for my set up.

I think we all get this no matter how loud we are

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

I don't give many demo's at all (being military doesn't leave a lot of time to play much). So when the guys at the unit hear me roll up and ask me what I got, I try to be nice and let them check it out. It makes me feel good when they say it sounds louder than what it actually is (1 RF T1D210 Sealed, pushed by a RF P500-2 bridged)

What pisses me off is when they want to actually "See" the sub (it's under the back seat in a custom built box firing downward)... Like I am going to unbolt my box from the floor of the truck and flip it just so they can see it.. really? WTF. I'll flip the seat up so they can see the amp mount and that's about as far as she goes. Other times some of the comments about thier buddies system is so much better.., just makes me want to go all :snipersmilie: on them.

n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

My wife didn't like Decaf..

Until she sat on my subwoofer.

Double post.., (Damn slow ass Government computers) LoL

n8ball2013, on 19 Dec 2014 - 02:33 AM, said:

man seeing that dollar sign fucking hurt my feelings. they didnt cover it black out windows or add lube even

My wife didn't like Decaf..

Until she sat on my subwoofer.

Archived