Sonic Electronix

hey guys I just bought a 1993 mustang gt and only one speaker is working it has a old Kenwood deck with a built in cross over but none of it seems to be working the fader will not get the sound out of the working speaker but the deck fader will im no car audio expert and honestly have little knowledge in the matter but I am looking to replace all of the factory speakers and run them off of a older sony deck (only getting it because I am working on a budget) but I am wondering what the best speaker choice for the car would be.

The car uses 5

3 1/2 in the dash

5 1/4 in the doors

6x8 in the rear

I am wanting a matching set all the way around it doesn't have to be extremely loud especially since the cabin size is not very large but I do want the best sound quality I can get and have enough volume to work with a 15" woofer it was custom built using a dc audio level 3-4 as a base with new voice coil and stronger spider that I am wanting to power with a massive audio n3

so what speakers will give me the best bang for my buck im working with around $120 I would rather not spend over $150

You want quality for little money. I dont know how possible that is. I have no experience with this brand, but it's made by rockford so i imagine it's still pretty good. Renegade Audio. They're on the cheap side and you can probably meet your budget with replacing all of those speakers. But as i said, dont know about the quality personally. I would say raise your budget, or settle for low quality for now, and after you save up some more buy better equipment. Or wait and save now.

If your willing to trim the holes in the doors these will fit the bill and take quite a bit of power, i have had 2 sets of these and they'll take 150w all day every day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-JBL-P660C-540-Watt-6-5-Power-Series-2-Way-Component-Speaker-System-6-1-2-/151406308139?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item234084eb2b

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

well I found out I can get a full set of Rockford fosgate punch series speakers off sonic electronix for a little over 170 which I can afford its pushing my budget at the moment a little bit but since all of the speakers run between 45-55 watts rms would I be able to run them off of just a deck or would I have to use an amp

Archived