straight pipes, Is it ignorant?

IMO it depends on driver and situation. I love loud exhausts. What I dont love are loud exhaust on stock motors and people thinking they have a badass truck. I used to have this stock dodge 1500 running around my neighborhood all the time revving his motor with his loud exhaust and stock motor(like everyday). One day I was out messing with my toy(78 F100 SWB 400BB with C6 transmission) and he drove by revving it up like always. I jumped in my toy and ran him down caught up with him on highway. I bumped the gas and he bumped(alright im thinking he bit) so we get after and I smoked his ass. He never come through my neighborhood revving it up again. But yes exhaust is fine as long as you know its only exhaust its not like you dropped in a supercharger.

Still learning but have started gathering.

It's damn annoying, and no different than the kids with the big fart canons on their civics.

I can't say about vehicles, but with my sleds I've had the crazy loud exhaust systems and not only does it lose its fun very quickly, it's the worst thing to have when you want to got for a nice quiet cruise. I ended up having to wear ear plugs before I finally put the stock exhaust back on.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I like a nice sounding exhaust not a super loud one which is possible with an aftermarket exhaust if done right. Straight pipes in most cases sound like shit and are doing more harm than good. Really if you have a performance car and you drive it daily and you straight pipe it your an asshole how about put some cutouts on it for track days and leave a full exhaust for the street.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you actually do it for performance reasons, thats OK. Like this guy ^^^^ said though, have a way to open up the exhaust on track days, but keep it reasonable daily. My car sounds fucking sick with no cats ( I don't run mufflers), but I know that not everybody appreciate that sickness LOL. I could gain 10-20 hp by loosing the cats again, but I do have some sense of respect.

The back pressure argument becomes irrelevant with any boosted or built N/A motor. Just thought id point that out.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

small 4 cylinder engines stright piped sound lame

big motors 6+ liters sound alright.

bigger motors 8+ liters sound cool

everything pisses me the fuck off at 3am when i got work in the morning and these tools are flooring their shit all the time.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

Sounds too cackly and annoying for me. I saw my share when I lived in Missouri. I prefer a nice H or X pipe with a good performance muffler on a V-8. Flowmaster is still my fave but Bassani on the right vehicle sounds damn good.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Straight pipes sound like poo, yeah its loud but woo hoo theres not a good sounding exhaust note to it. Just loud and brap.

Get some nice mufflers and make it sound good. Have some growl to it.

You can tell when someone wanted there exhaust to sound good instead of just straight piping the bitch. That will get you noticed in a good way.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Meengreen how the hell did you cram a 6" turbo back on that and a 6" downpipe off the turbo? Only engine I've ever seen hold a 6" is a cummins and thats after a lot of fab work and only a 5" downpipe.

My 5.9 cummins is 4" turbo back straight pipe and I and everyone I've ever been asked by love the sound of an inline 6 diesel straight pipe. The engine is loud as shit anyway so the pipe doesn't add much volume unless I'm hard in the throttle. There are those dipshits that run around in their old beat up 90s model gasser that make it get a bad wrap but a nice clean hopped up engine im all for straight pipes.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Archived