3-Way component set

reedal

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Something to consider with the AMT in this set is that it is UNLIKE anything else you have ever listened to before. I found the amount of detail to be distracting at first in an active setup. You will hear things in the music you haven't heard before.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I started them on a Butler tube 75w 2 ch Plenty loud on a passive setup. I have since changed up to go full active. The 3 and tw are on 145 per ch. and the 6's are on a 340 per ch. I do not recommend this for everyone as you will need to have the setup just right with a great processor backing it up. I have plenty of headroom in the system overall. My 3 and tw are up on the dash. The 3 works best in some sort of pod so you can play around with dampening the back wave. Both are on axis. I have had both off axis in other setups with great results.

When I do my A pillars, I'll make sure to make the 4" and tweet on axis in case I want to swap out to these. I'll also isolate the 4" chamber into a pod for this reason.

That's a bunch of power you are sending. I could only send like half that. Bill and I only have regular cabs though and it might not take as much to sound good.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

When I do my A pillars, I'll make sure to make the 4" and tweet on axis in case I want to swap out to these. I'll also isolate the 4" chamber into a pod for this reason.

That's a bunch of power you are sending. I could only send like half that. Bill and I only have regular cabs though and it might not take as much to sound good.

I have two trucks now.my black single cab is done..plenty loud on mids and highs.doing my white truck now.its a crew cab.I want loud as possible on front stage not doing back doors..so hopefully im thinking these PPI 3 way the ticket.

Bunch of thread jacking in here......LOL

To the OP. This will probably confuse your more than anything but, seeing as these are passive crossovers they are not perfect peak to peak crossover points. As all crossovers there is a grey area or overlapping area. Thus, why there are db slopes. The amount slope will determine how steep or sharp they roll off. For example although you crossover your sub stage you still here some voice or noise come through when music plays. Point being based on your budget I would go with a very efficient comonents set. The PPI's are a very goood start but, you would want to keep the 4 and tweet on the a-pillars very minimum the dash with your current power. Kick pods/panels are great but, with the amount of power you will never here them. Passive crossovers suck up a good amount of power.

Option two is to do an active 2-way and get all the power out of your current 4channel. If there is a crossover on it and if it is fairly accurate you should be able to use it to its full potential and run it for a 2-way setup active and ditch the passives all together. It will still be set it and forget and will get optimimum output on your current 4 channel.

What about putting all three in the doors? I'm not against cutting. I'd have to see if I can fit it, and I've never glassed anything before, but if i fuck it up i have another set of panels I can replace with. If there's room would a triangle formation be good do you think? Throw the 6.5 in the stock location, the 3 next to it, and the tweet inbetween up top?

I also have two old school 2-channel RF amps. Not sure what models and don't have pics, but I think one is 800w rms, not sure about the other. When I get home in December I'll find out. Taking budget out of the window, are there any component sets that can handle that kind of power? Or am I better off getting something else to power them. If I go with that PPI set then I'lol find a different amp

Archived