Sundown Audio

Class A/B amps for subwoofers

zagfuchs

Gonna be an electrical hog. Sonically, you may or may not hear a difference, all depends on your background and ears. Modern Class D has come a long way.

What kind of power are you talking?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Are we talking about high quality amps or low quality? Either way the a/b will be less efficient though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

OK how are you wanting to run them and what are you trying to power?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would be powering two Kicker 07CVR122 subs. Since they are dual 2-ohm, the plan was to bridge the amp and run a channel to each voice coil. One amp powering each sub as a two-channel. I would put the amps in full range and set them with a mulitmeter, then run them through a separate crossover so I could adjust them simultaneously.

No. JL Slash amps are 1.5 ohm stable stereo and 3 ohm stable bridged.

Best you can do is one amp to two subs bridged at 4 ohm. No good way to run both amps on those woofers.

Static drops are my bag.

Trade one of those JLs for a monoblock dont do it for long if you have to. Especially with those subs.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Thanks for the help. I originally planned to get rid of one or both of these amps, but the friend I bought them from had suggested it might be able to be setup this way. Are the Hifonics amps good? I have been looking at them for a while now, seem like good prices and lots of good reviews.

Archived