Sonic Electronix

Serious budget ground pounder build opinions needed

I dont have any enclosure answers. People like Terry, Mike, Ray are fucking magic....... i gave up trying to understand.....

I understand the enclosures basics ... I won't say I'm a pro but I am far from a noob.. in order to get the most out of a driver you have to put it in a proper box. Those alpine bass lines recommend 1.9cubic foot per sub in a ported box. So ideally 1.9*8 =15.2 cubic foot for the box... I think I will build it 15cubes even..

May wanna go a little smaller if ur planning on putting 550 watts to subs rated for 200-250. Don't wanna lose mechanical control and blow ur shit up...

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

May wanna go a little smaller if ur planning on putting 550 watts to subs rated for 200-250. Don't wanna lose mechanical control and blow ur shit up...

My original plan was just to do it and If I blow one up.. I'll just buy another one... How much smaller u think how does 1.5 cubes a sub

Doesn't matter how much you shrink it I seriously doubt a $50 subs is going to take double rated power, there is more to it than mechanical control.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you are set on giving more than double rated power, couldnt you just use smaller speaker wire to constrict the amount of power they can carry?

Not over the short distance that I'm running max of 3ft a sub

If you are set on giving more than double rated power, couldnt you just use smaller speaker wire to constrict the amount of power they can carry?

You'd need to use some TINY wire then. Even so, it'd get hot.. Sure, the a lower ac current flow rating added with resistance from the heat will limit power transfer.. But it seems like a fire hazard to me :shrug:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Doesn't matter how much you shrink it I seriously doubt a $50 subs is going to take double rated power, there is more to it than mechanical control.

Even with a peak of 750 watts?

I ran a r1 10 on 500 watts an it was rated at 150rms

I only read the first page.

My 2 cents though

Why spend $500 on several subs when you can get one good 15-18 for $500 or less used? Could even pick up something that could use a recone for cheaper then of course recone it.

1-2k rms on a used 15-18" sub is reasonable, would get loud and sound great.

My thoughts exactly. Or assuming OP has 500$ to invest in equipment just buy a better amp.

By the time you make junk loud you're spending more in wood/box building than you would to just make 1 good sub loud.

Archived