Just turned 16 and I need a job.

call and talk to people. Meet people in person. You are 16 and most likely don't have a lot on your resume. A smile and a real conversation with someone is more important at this point and will get you farther.

If you want to do a nice install think of places where you may be able to get parts. Bestbuy/Walmart/Home Depot/Lowes come to mind. Minimum wage is decent these days but try and get more if you can.

Also if you paint houses you can make decent money on the side, learning the right way to do it doesn't take a lot of time and you can charge a 10th of what a professional will charge which will be great for you. Once painting job that takes you a couple weeks to finish will pay for a good starter system (1-2K$)

Detailed and driven student geared for doing the best possible.

Objective: To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, motivational background, and ability to work well with people.

Sports: Football: Starter for 2 years in Middle school, JV for 1 year in high school. Wrestling: 5 years in total, 3 year starting Varsity, Best student/Athlete award. Golf: 1 year starting Varsity. Track: 1 year Varsity, Coaches Award.

Clubs: Interact, Beta club, Relay for Life, 45+ hours of volunteer service, 4-H, Helping Hands, and National Honors society.

Academic Achievements: Exceeded all areas of CRCT 2 years in a row in middle school, 4.0 freshman year.

GPA: 4.0 average

I created this 5 months ago and quickly updated date it. I fell like this is not enough.

So I would walk to to Walmart for example and ask for a manager, shake his/her hand, introduce myself, and give her my resume, then continue until dismissed?

don't send your resume, clean yaself up, put on some shiney shoes and go and physically drop off your resumes.

Most places want it online these days. If you walk into any major retail store and ask about employment, they will tell you to go home and apply online.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Wow, thank you all for the fast responses and tips. I am going to go out tomorrow and start my search.

Just a heads up on the resume, all those things are good but really the main thing is make sure you have a TON of contact information. Phone/email/address all that good stuff and follow up with them.

Also take whatever job you can get, you are starting out. Be humble, you are not above washing dishes or scrubbing floors or mowing lawns. Be humble and you'll learn a lot.

Good luck!

At your age, I'd apply at every grocery store, retail store(walmart), gas station, and restaurant in town. A job as a busser or host at a good food place could earn you tips, if you get in good with the servers.

I agree with the restaurant business. I started off bussin after kissin a few of the hot staffs asses and making sure their tables were cleaned fast and efficient .. I started making some fat tips.. Wasn't a bad job for a few years.. You can progress into serving,managing etc and make some good money and put that experience down ;)

Serving/Bartending at a good restaurant like outback,chilis applebees etc can make you some good cash income :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

You want your resume to be as simple as possible. No point in putting an objective on there, your objective is to get a damn job. The potential employer already knows that. Give me a few minutes and let me work with your resume and I'll post one back up for you.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived