Is the LOWERED LOOK played out???

What's up guys. Well the GMC Jimmy is pretty much road ready, except for the 2 Power HX2 15's and 3rd amp that need to be installed. That will be done after Xmas. The goal is to "compete in car audio" in a yr or two.

Now here is my dilemma. My gf's daughter loves having a truck, but I am still getting little comments from her about the lowered stance. She is a country girl and wants it lifted. But she is new to driving, and takes corners as if she was playing a video game or on the track hitting the apex wrong and getting alot of body roll when I first purchased the truck. I thought a lowered stance would save alot of headaches.

Over the last 2 wks, she says the boys at her school are beginning to make fun of her truck calling it:

*"A Taco Stand"

*"Are you going to sell Tacos out of it"

*"You should make a Taco Stand"

*"That's a Mexican's ride"

I know 16 yr olds will be 16 yr old. And I'm not about to bash some stupid redneck kids head in just for a mean dumbass comment. My gf and I try to comfort her, and we keep reinforcing the belief that people will cut you down in order to feel better about themselves. We (gf and I) both think the truck looks "awesome" and "Devin, you know have a bad ass ride". "How many kids have a stereo like yours with proper wiring, and bad ass higher end Rockford equipment? Those guys are running Dual amps, and all that walmart shit. They are jealous. Do not feed into that shit". She keeps saying "yeah I know" but I do not think she really understands the message we are sending.

SO IS THE LOWERED LOOK PLAYED OUT? I love the pro-street look/ Xtreme look, and that's what I was going for when I bought the 18x9.5 rims. I just want her to be happy and proud of what she drives. Worse case scenario is I can put the GMC back to stock height, get a 2.5" body lift wider wheels with Micky's on it.....BUT it defeats the unwritten rule of "You should be happy with the first car you get.....because you always have the option of walking". I turned this truck around from a P.O.S. to a great running reliable truck.

IMAG0321_zpse364a867.jpg

Your input would be greatly appreciated. Good and bad. I like this site. :D

-Frank

its hard to hear haters over the sound of a good clean system... I like the lowered look. I think stupid 8'' lifts are played out, unless you go wheelin all the time and need that clearance. those kids are probably driving a 3 colored civic thats half primer and sounds like a weed wacker. shit i'd do backflips if that was my first car. Mine didnt even have power steering and the belt squeeled like a banshee every time i started it.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Without knowing her it's hard to say. For my daughter my #1 concern is her feelings. I would not want her to be getting emotionally beat down every day by others. Yes, she should be grateful and yes she should not be so concerned about what the others are saying but at that age that is not gonna happen. Sit down and have a looooong talk with her telling her how grateful she should be, how much work it would be to make it normal ride height, how she really needs to not be concerned about the others, which kids are saying all that exactly? Friends or just punks? Maybe I am reading your story all wrong, IDK...Tell her to get her own vehicle and see how quick she doesn't mind the haters...

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Those guys are jealous. Watch a month or so she'll roll up and their trucks will be lowered.

And some guys are weird about girls having nicer vehicles than them

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Those guys are jealous. Watch a month or so she'll roll up and their trucks will be lowered.

And some guys are weird about girls having nicer vehicles than them

That's EXACTLY what I was going for. lol. My gf agrees with me. "it's NOT want you want, it's what the boys will be jealous of. They expect you to drive a Honda Civic, Grandma's Cavilier or Grand am (remember them?)".

-Frank

Archived