Home audio speaker wiring

I am going to be running all my wires for my speakers through the roof and walls for a wireless look finish, what sort of wiring would I be best to run/purchase for this? do I need some sort of shielding so I don't get any interferance from any pwr cables in the wall, or should plain old copper speaker cable work? also any tips and suggestions would be great. this qite a fiddley job so i'd like to do it all once and do it proper the first time.

thanks in advance for any input on this matter

I would make sure to look at housing codes, since you're running through walls and roof.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

yeah that's the go, I've got a stud finder so gonna use that. mounting the tv on the wall first the while running new coax for the tv connection on the wall gonna run all my wiring for the surround sound. do you get any sort of interference from live wires running alongside the speaker cables?

Archived