What Causes Clipping ? MP3 Quality

Dragonware

well i dont plan on upgrading my amp any time soon so both subs will be 1000RMS each wired to 1ohm and the amp is also 2000 RMS so im sure having sewn leads and tryin cleaner music and i might just scrap the epicenter all together

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

LOL @ YT rips, its 2014 guys, learn to Google and get quality songs, if you can't find it free there then buy off Amazon/iTunes

Its not the bit rate of the song that causes clipping, its the production/mastering that the clipping starts. Poorly tuned equipment will just further the problem

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

^^^What was stated above. Bit rate has nothing to do with your system clipping. As for downloading songs from youtube, you have no idea if they have been boosted or distorted in any other fashion. I believe that one member here had a very valid point about your box being the problem. Just because the design seems okay doesn't mean that it doesn't have a terrible leak or something. You may also have it oriented in a position that one sub unloads really bad and the other may not. As for using an epicenter, if it has a boost knob then you need to make sure that it is turned all of the way up before you set your gains to make sure everything is distortion free. Do you have the proper electrical? If your voltage drops low that could also introduce clipping into the system. Not sure what amp you are running, but that could also be the problem. There are so many things that could be causing your problem.

Just went through your build log. Box and orientation doesn't really look like it could be causing a problem unless there is a freaking huge leak around one of your plexi windows. One thing I notice though is that your subs are kind of loading into the port. That isn't good, but it doesn't really seem to be the problem since only one sub is failing.I am gonna guess you are either looking at the epicenter being the problem, that hifonics amp, or poorly produced/mastered music.

Link us a few examples of songs that you've ripped that have broken your subs. I bet the author has boosted the bass until there is clipping.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

They Blew even before the epicenter was added., there is window seal around my plexiglass windows and to the best of my knowledge i went around that box with a fine tooth come and wood filler to patch up any leaks.

just a few random examples of music I would have ripped from youtube.

a few times after i installed the epicenter I found the knob to 100% because it floats around in my glove box it turn it self from moving around need to find a place for it if i keep it.

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

'clipping' is actually when you push the fets (transistors) within the deck or amp(s) into saturation, which means it's the point where you are 'asking too much' of them and they can't output past a certain voltage. The waveform that would be above/below (+/-) of this voltage simply doesn't make it out the other side since the fets can't produce it. So what comes out looks like this:

d101_03.gif

EDIT: and if you're clipping up at the deck and send a signal looking like that^^ to the amp, it only compounds the issue. And if you're clipping at the deck AND clipping at the amp, well holy hell I feel bad for the speakers.

The encoding of an MP3 file (128kbps) is not necessarily a source of clipping, but may contain distortion from the loss of information from the original recording.

Fuck it, just graduated in electrical engineering so it's time to flex some of that knowledge.

Lowering the bitrate of a song should never introduce clipping as you are only removing information.

Are you running a Epicenter for bass? If so that is a big cause of dirty signal.

Probably his problem.

nah they not ripped only one sub always the right one... my port is center.....and the leads are burnt an black when i investigate them having PSI rebuild them tho just trying to prevent this moving forward

It's still because of overexcursion.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Damn DJ's throwing in air horns, moose calls, crazy ass gun sounds, waka flocka yelling, and on top bass boosting the heck out of the song. 128kbps sounds muffled not clean sounding bass nor loud.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

Damn DJ's throwing in air horns, moose calls, crazy ass gun sounds, waka flocka yelling, and on top bass boosting the heck out of the song. 128kbps sounds muffled not clean sounding bass nor loud.

Sigh..

http://mp3ornot.com/

Click this link and show us your results.

Do atleast 15 tests.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived