What Causes Clipping ? MP3 Quality

Dragonware

I'd take performance over looks any day. Your enclosure is designed wrong.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Funny how nobody dares to post the results, you need to have quite good equipment to find the difference.(I'm sure more then 99% of the members of this site don't qualify)

Bitrate isn't that important, what is a lot more important is how the music has been mastered in the studio.

I got it wrong, how do I post the result?

If anyone gets that right, it's a guess. I was guessing when I picked one, it was wrong. But if I had picked the right one, it wouldn't have made it any less of a guess.

Plus, the answer doesn't change so I could just go back and copy the right answer after I got it wrong. If he said he could tell a difference he is flat out lying.

AND i just noticed there is more than one example! lol one second...

OK final results: the one I got right is still a guess

Your Results

Tests done: 3

Correct answers: 1

Percentage correct: 33

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Funny how nobody dares to post the results, you need to have quite good equipment to find the difference.(I'm sure more then 99% of the members of this site don't qualify)

Bitrate isn't that important, what is a lot more important is how the music has been mastered in the studio.

If anyone gets that right, it's a guess. I was guessing when I picked one, it was wrong. But if I had picked the right one, it wouldn't have made it any less of a guess.

Plus, the answer doesn't change so I could just go back and copy the right answer after I got it wrong. If he said he could tell a difference he is flat out lying.

Your Results

Take a screenshot :)

But for the results to be any usefull you should atleast do it 15 times.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The song quality doesn't effect clipping at the HU level unless the HU is turned up past the clipping point, at which it doesn't matter if the song is clipping or not, the signal will clip regardless. The signal output by the HU cannot exceed 0dB(u), as long as one does not turn it up past clipping. The digital music file cannot exceed 0dB(u). MP3s sound like shit, but that's not your problem.

To me, it sounds like you're either twisting the FOAD tinsel leads to where they're bending and breaking with the cone movement, and/or you're sending a very clipped signal to your amps by way of incorrectly set gains and bass boost.

Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.

I never thought about using plexi walls for the ports. David from PSI said the RE subs I used has floating leads that were not of great wuality and they cound have been to short to begin with.

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

Your Results

Take a screenshot :)

But for the results to be any usefull you should atleast do it 15 times.

Only problem is that it doesn't change, the answers are always the same.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I think he means use 15 songs.. which does nothing as none of the songs have been mastered in a studio. They're all home-jobs by the info the op gave.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived