Jump to content

Do 100wrms 4" speakers exist?


Guest

Recommended Posts

Posted

im confused to what you are trying to do you have a component set so you are running them active? which requires a 4 channel.... so where are the extra 2 channels

I already have a 4 channel amp for the 4 mids. Thats why I'm looking for a separate amp for the pillars.

Posted

you need to sit back and explain what you are doing no where did you say what you have and what you are wanting to do...

Ok sorry, I just tried to simplify it without expaining the whole setup. I have Crescendo Mezzo Comps in the front door. Just the woofer. I have Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5 in the rear. I want to bi-amp the Mezzo Comp set and mount the tweeter in the pillar. I was planning on getting an Arc Audio XDi 600.4 4 channel amp for my mids. I am trying to find an amp for the tweeters. And incorporate a set of small speaker in the pillar while I'm at it.

Posted

So you are saying that you want a 3 way active setup ??? If so, you are going about this all wrong.

Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

... And unless you are searching for serious headroom, 100w rms per 4" driver will do you more harm than good depending greatly on location compared to the other drivers ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

If I understand this right, you're just adding 4" speakers, just because. Or do you want to run 3-way?

If it's the former, just no. The latter, well, you're going about it wrong.

Explain exactly what you're doing. Also, explain why you're stuck on 100W other than that's what your amp is rated at. You realize how little power is actually sent to most drivers at even what most would consider loud?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Posted

Im taking it as he has the mids in the front and rear doors running off a 4 channel and wants to put the tweeters of the set in the apillars with a mid with the other 4 channel ..

hes making things more complicated then needed..

and shouldn't the tweeter be no more then 2 feet away from the mids? especially since they are from a component set that should be tonely balanced with each other?

  • 1 month later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1088 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...