Sundown Audio

What are the best CURRENT 7k+ amps that are available today?

PaulPumpsBass

well I would like to know what the issue with them is send me links to my message box to past threads/problems. I have heard a certain story in the past about some subwoofers being held for a while. and 1 story about someone who was pissed cuz they didnt answer the phone, boohoooo. I get an answer on facebook within a few minutes of sending it except on the weekends.

i dunno much about running that high voltage power supply stuff nor have i ever seen a setup around here like that so cant comment on that.

depending on the vehicle and your past stereo experience id think you would be good on 10k and some 18s or 15s, you could prolly bassrace close to a 149 with that depending on car. that is loud. (152-155 or so db bass hits) and fairly easy to maintain, id say for every 5k rms you run will be around 3-5k cash money depending on equipment (this is including wiring batteries/terminals, amps,subs)

I have seen 149.9 bassrace on a american bass 1100.1 and 16 american bass DX 12s (believe they were dx model was about 5 years ago) thats decently affordable to bassrace a 149 (was in a yukon double clamshell)

you should prolly start at 5-10k and then buildup if you need/want more

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

You should ask Sendai how many of those atomic amps he blew up and fixed on his dime.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

do multiples..

AQ 3500's

Sundown 35/4500's (love that 4500 board)

AMPERE 3800's

RF 2500's

Or

Xfire 8k (love that board)

Ampere 7.5, though i like the 5k better

DC 7.5, isnt my favorite.... but does some power

the DC 10k was my fav so far for a large board. on 12v

Ran to B2 M1's on some level 6's..... and they where fucking beast also..

I really like those also......

im gonna go drink now

Tara 50k.. lol.. fuck.........

edit.. and 18v ?

dont even bring that up to this op.. not even hard to see that..

just because 2 amps are made in the same build house don't make both amps good amps. it all depends who are they building them for and the requirements each company has for it to pass QC. Quality amps cost more to build. depends how much the company wants to pay and if they care for the name they carry

just because 2 amps are made in the same build house don't make both amps good amps. it all depends who are they building them for and the requirements each company asks for. Quality amps cost more to build. depends how much the company wants to pay and if they care for the name they carry

NOT AT FUCKING ALL>..

Ive heard some concerning things about a few different 7ks, i think those are just like the ct sounds if i remember right. I was thinking of ways to cut down on vibration the past cpl days, about 8 years ago i cut off the ends of bungie cords and put the screws thru the amp feet, then end of bungie cord and into the mounting hole, seemed to help.

im sure theres many ways to do it and id like to hear them all so if theres a post about that somewhere please let me know.

if you have any internal pics of that 7k could you please post them? which year was it made?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Ive tried it with a several llayer thick mdf board which is bolted through the truck floor, as well as with 3/8inch thick rubber bushings.
Neither of them apparently worked.

Also popped a rare American Bass in the vehicle too which I think there are only 2 or 3 in existence.

Every time the output mosfet legs have snapped taking out the entire output section.

Archived